Jimi Hendrix at the Royal Albert Hall

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

Theres been this footage of Jimi at the Albert Hall appearing quite recently, don't think ive ever seen it before...  Some real nice footage if you haven't seen it...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader

And im not sure iv ever heard a live version of this before?

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    edited July 2017
    Linkys no worky. 

I know there was going to be a film of the RAH gig but I'm not sure if it ever got released as a complete project?

Edit: apparently it exists but was never released. I guess Janie Hendrix has her finger in the pie somehow. I did find this though. 
    https://forgottenguitar.com/2016/02/26/rare-footage-of-jimi-hendrixs-full-performance-at-the-royal-albert-hall-in-1969-video/

I cant see what the last clip is, what song is it? Some of the tracks from Hendrix in the West are apparently from the RAH gig and are miscredited to other venues. This could be deliberate of course to get round legal issues with the Hendrix estate after Jimi died. 
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    *Warning - dickhead alert...

This must be an imposter. I'm pretty sure Jimi hasn't appeared anywhere since 1970.  

"Theres been this footage of Jimi at the Albert Hall appearing quite recently"
    tFB Trader
    boogieman said:
    Linkys no worky. 

I know there was going to be a film of the RAH gig but I'm not sure if it ever got released as a complete project?

Edit: apparently it exists but was never released. I guess Janie Hendrix has her finger in the pie somehow. I did find this though. 
    https://forgottenguitar.com/2016/02/26/rare-footage-of-jimi-hendrixs-full-performance-at-the-royal-albert-hall-in-1969-video/

I cant see what the last clip is, what song is it? Some of the tracks from Hendrix in the West are apparently from the RAH gig and are miscredited to other venues. This could be deliberate of course to get round legal issues with the Hendrix estate after Jimi died. 

Ohh damn it..  Janie and her crew strike again  :)  

That song I said I hand seen live before was Room Full of Mirrors..

Heres one that still up (even though it will probably get nuked soon enough)

edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    Lebarque said:
    *Warning - dickhead alert...

This must be an imposter. I'm pretty sure Jimi hasn't appeared anywhere since 1970.  

"Theres been this footage of Jimi at the Albert Hall appearing quite recently"

GROAN...........

:)

There's a few live versions of Mirrors out there I think? There's a few studio tracks I'm pretty sure he never did live though, Crosstown Traffic for one. 

Nice clip ^ btw.  :)
    tFB Trader

Actually I have found out..  Theres a bit more to these clips than I first thought....

http://www.hollywood...dispute-1002029

The case centers on a pic about the musician's 1969 performances at the Royal Albert Hall in London.

A long-gestating Jimi Hendrix concert film could someday see a wide release, after a California appeals court held on Monday that one of the rightsholders didn't violate a joint production deal by refusing to accept a limited distribution offer.

"For almost a half-century, the two parties (or their predecessors) who own the rights to this film and its accompanying soundtrack have been lost in a purple haze of false starts and litigation," begins the decision.

The concerts in question, a 1969 series at London's Royal Albert Hall, happened less than two years before the icon's death. At the time, Hendrix's manager signed a deal allowing Gerald Goldstein and Steve Gold to film the tour for a concert film. More than four decades later, the successors to the contract struck the deal at the center of the dispute. Experience Hendrix signed on behalf of the artist, while The Last Experience signed on behalf of Goldstein, Gold and Hendrix's manager.

In 2010, Experience Hendrix and The Last Experience agreed to produce the film for theatrical release — but the deal fell apart over distribution and that prompted this 2011 lawsuit.

The artist's successor asked the court to rescind the contract and sought $4.1 million in restitution. Los Angeles Superior Court judge Mark V. Mooney ruled against Experience Hendrix in 2015 and ordered it to pay more than $300,000 in attorney's fees.

Experience Hendrix appealed, arguing that Mooney misread the contract, made unsupported factual findings and erred in awarding fees. The 2nd district appellate panel disagreed and affirmed the lower court's decision.

Among the facts of the case cited, justice Brian M. Hoffstadt writes, "Jimi Hendrix is one of the best guitarists, if not the best, in the history of rock music."

Continues Hoffstadt: "By this time, the parties had already made several attempts to cooperate in producing the film that had gone nowhere or ended in litigation. Although they 'hated each other's guts,' the 2010 Agreement was a further effort to move forward in finishing and releasing the film."

The parties agreed to share all decisions regarding the exploitation of the film, and to split the profits 50/50 after Experience Hendrix recouped $4.1 million in legal costs from suing the London Times to stop it from releasing bootlegged audio from the shows.

Sony Pictures had offered to distribute the film with a limited release in five to 20 screens across five to 10 cities. That wasn't enough for Goldstein, who had his mind set on a wide release in at least 1,500 theaters and rejected the offer.

Experience Hendrix sued for restitution, claiming that Goldstein committed fraud by not explicitly stating that he would accept nothing less than a wide release. Last Experience then countersued, claiming the artist's successor breached their contract.

Mooney granted summary judgment in favor of Experience Hendrix on the cross-complaint and the original suit went to trial. The court found that Goldstein's rejection of Sony's offer did not constitute a breach of the 2010 agreement, noting that it "required the parties to agree to any specific terms on the distribution of the film."

Hoffstadt, along with acting presiding justice Judith Ashmann-Gerst and justice Victoria Chavez, found that Mooney did not err in that decision.

"Goldstein's vision for a wide release of the film may have been unrealistic and thus, as the trial court assumed, 'not a sound business decision,' but there is substantial evidence in the record to support the finding that Goldstein's longstanding vision was not aimed at altering the terms of the 2010 Agreement or enriching Goldstein under the terms of any side agreement," writes Hoffstadt in the decision, which is posted in full below.

The Last Experience was represented by Brent Blakely and Craig Huber of Blakely Law Group, and Experience Hendrix was represented by LeClair Ryan, Ed McPherson and Christiane Kinney of McPherson Rane.            

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interesting stuff. As usual it seems Janie is at the bottom of all the mess. What a revolting person she is. 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    back again? This guy has all the songs
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    @Vaiai ; love the wall of Marshall amps .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Great stuff. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982
    Still talking about Jimi. Zero progress in50 odd years...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

edited July 2017 tFB Trader
    Rocker said:

What do you mean???  All we are doing is talking about a so far generally unreleased and what seems to be very good concert video footage..  We are fans so are interested (I certainly am)... Good music is good music no matter what era it comes from.

Hendrix was one of the first people to do what he did with the electric guitar..  We are electric guitar fans.. Why wouldn't we still talk about him? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited July 2017
    Rocker said:

Are people allowed to:

Talk about the E-type Jaguar on a car forum?
    Talk about the Spitfire on aviation forum?
    Talk about Hendrix on a guitar forum?

I think you'll find they are. 

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Zero progress in 50 years more or less sums up my playing :)
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4982

Blues, blues, endless boring blues. Yeah, we have come a long way since Jimi
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    boogieman said:
    Linkys no worky. 

It's been around for years - I saw it 20 years ago and bits and bobs have been on the BBC. I think this has been cleaned up and matched to the audio better than what I saw.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Rocker said:

You're very grumpy this morning!

I do wonder how much interest anyone outside of guitar magazines/ forums anyone has in blues these days ( although Hendrix wasn't really strictly blues) but it is tied to the instrument to some extent.

I don't really listen to Hendrix very much but I see him as something like one of the  'founding father's' of electric guitar and someone who deserves interest if you are interested in it's development. Even in that clip there's a blues base but hints of using the electric guitar to create soundscapes and techniques that were hardly used for another ten years or so. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    Rocker said:

I do wonder how much interest anyone outside of guitar magazines/ forums anyone has in blues these days ( although Hendrix wasn't really strictly blues) but it is tied to the instrument to some extent.

I don't really listen to Hendrix very much but I see him as something like one of the  'founding father's' of electric guitar and someone who deserves interest if you are interested in it's development. Even in that clip there's a blues base but hints of using the electric guitar to create soundscapes and techniques that were hardly used for another ten years or so. 
    I quite often get asked to play some blues. And often by middle-aged ladies not elderly men.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Plectrum said:
    Rocker said:

I quite often get asked to play some blues. And often by middle-aged ladies not elderly men.
    Well, that's good - people just ask me to stop. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom