...and finally Esther.

What's Hot
Now that there's a tribute section to cut n' paste links to the latest BBC news story, which everyone has already seen anyway, what are we supposed to post about in Off Topic?   :)  

Pictures of vegetables shaped like a willy (or vice versa)? Spelling mistakes on Gumtree)?

Kidney for sale,
£3,000 or nearest offal

How about this major news event, which you could imagine seeing on Have I Got News For You...

Horses _____ _____ on footpath.    Note, the local reporter couldn't even proof read the headline.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Somehow I think Off Topic will be just fine...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited July 2017
    Yes, it will.  Most people have realised by now that any thread over 3 pages long is going to be an argument between two people, quoting each other's last post in its entirety and making it impossible to read on a phone.

This just* in - Wardrobe held on Great Yarmouth car with bubble wrap.

*15 months ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    edited July 2017
    an argument between two people, quoting each other's last post in its entirety 
    Some contributors take a too literal interpretation of the expression "weighing the argument". They must believe that more words equals a stronger case.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    Lol, true.

Meanwhile, it's took Dick Van Dyke 51 years to apologise for "Maori Porpens" but he's done it - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40691894
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Aw, I was hoping for an @estheroid sighting. :(

What's with your sig, GS, what did the 'Tallica boyz ban you for and from?

edited July 2017
    In the early days of Napster, I downloaded Metallica songs at work, which I already had at home on tape or CD. Other people downloaded the songs from me, which a court in Northern California said was naughty.  So I got banned by Metallica.

Ultimate classic rock - 35,000 Banned Fans: The History of Metallica’s Costly Napster Battle

Wikipedia - Metallica v. Naspter, Inc.

The irony is that when the Donnington Monsters of Rock festival (1980-1996) was brought back in 2003, Metallica wanted to headline, but ended up playing a secret slot in the afternoon.  The festival was called Download to appear cool due to file sharing, and rock allegedly being rebellious.  Metal Up Your Fibre Optic! :)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Ah right, beer good, Napster bad! :beer:
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLM said:
    Ah right, beer good, Napster bad! :beer:
    Sprinkles!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    edited July 2017
    Remember Engrish.com?  

Although this Chelsea news story is on an English website, it reads like it was written by James Clavell in one of the Asian Saga books, set in the 19th Century.

Chelsea: Cultural Grovellings of Press Officer for Make Glorious Commission On Shirt Sales