Someone recommend me a fuzz and low level distortion

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 456
    Great thing about the Muff Room Cloud is it's not really fussy about placement, as mentioned previously the EQ side of things is brilliant, maxing the bass dial sounds huuuuuge!  it also sounds great through a clean amp. Single notes sustain, sound thick and stand out, they don't get mushy. importantly stack it with other drives, it's a lovely pedal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samothy01samothy01 Frets: 33
    samothy01 said:

Also, can anyone suggest a super smooth low level distortion pedal? (Just bought a clean boost so not looking for anything in that region).

The Z'Vex Distortron does this really well, and doesn't have the extra boost section of the Box Of Rock. 
    OP^^ also cheap as chips used! great pedal!
    Currently looking into it :)
    MrMusic said:
    Pigtronix Disnortion, great versatile underated pedal. Only thing is you can only get one second hand these days. Saw one go on ebay recently fo for £85

https://pigtronix.com/products/disnortion/
    I've started following a search for this pedal on eBay, so I'll be looking out to see if one comes up cheap enough!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    You have one of the best things already with the Mini. I'd be very surprised if the sound you're after isn't in there somewhere. Don't be afraid of the bias knob and don't be afraid to do things with the treble and bass that look wrong to the eye.

Failing that, the OD250/Dist+ is a good suggestion as is the Zvex marshall-type pedals. I'm loving the Hudson Broadcast at the minute and would love to try a Way Huge Pork Loin.

If you're running humbuckers, you could do worse than a Rat set conservatively but I didn't like it with single coils (and I tried a good one).
    bbill335 said:
    You have one of the best things already with the Mini. I'd be very surprised if the sound you're after isn't in there somewhere. Don't be afraid of the bias knob and don't be afraid to do things with the treble and bass that look wrong to the eye.

Failing that, the OD250/Dist+ is a good suggestion as is the Zvex marshall-type pedals. I'm loving the Hudson Broadcast at the minute and would love to try a Way Huge Pork Loin.

If you're running humbuckers, you could do worse than a Rat set conservatively but I didn't like it with single coils (and I tried a good one).
    Thanks for the advice! Definitely going to spend a good amount of time with the mini this weekend - I'll be sure to update you guys too. 

Also very keen to look into the Zvex pedals too.

I'm currently running a '94 MIJ jazzmaster sooooo single coils for me... perhaps that was the reason I couldn't get the Rat to work for me!
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I have a DMBL and a Suhr Shiba for sale, both of which would fit the bill I think
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Death by Audio Fuzz War is a thick bastard of a fuzz, I love it. Best into an already overdriven amp though. Personally Rat is my favourite though since it has the mids to actually sound good in a band, you get the thickness from the distortion knob. I liked my Carcosa at home but at band it was too compressed and got a bit lost.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Muffroom cloud and white atom are both great. Very versatile and not fussy on placement. 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    If you check out my for sale threads there's a zvex bor clone distortion side, and the best thick sounding fuzz you'll ever hear 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    edited July 2017
    The Behringer super fuzz sounds really good as well, I'm tempted to pick one up. It's a boss hyperfuzz clone for £25 or whatever behringer pedals go for now. Not sure if their buffer/bypass is any good though, but I've never had an issue with the old eq.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited July 2017
    See the @juansolo range... I recently bought a tsm 680 mkii from someone else on here and not only does it sound fantastic in lots of different ways if you tweak it, but I'm sure you'll agree it also looks the dogs bollocks! An outstanding fuzz pedal.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Has anyone here had any experience with the pelican noiseworks pelitaur? Heard v good things about them! (I will reply to all of the comments eventually...)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    MXR Distortion3. Does everything from a low-gain crunch to a full-on distortion. And relatively cheap. I take one out to jamnights and regularly get positive comments from other guitarists about the sounds.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• peachespeaches Frets: 45
    Dr Scientist Elements pretty much encompasses all types of dirt, kind of a budget Brothers. ILF darling.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    Fallout Cloud or Warthog?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    peaches said:
    Dr Scientist Elements pretty much encompasses all types of dirt, kind of a budget Brothers. ILF darling.
    Friend had this, it's meant to be insane - I will be giving this a try I think!
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    Big fan of the TC Dark Matter, great sounding Marshall like dust, bass and treble controls. 
    Cheap as chips s/h and very versatile, I'm on my 2nd now after foolishly selling my first. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    Okay guys I've sorted this. I ended up going for the Yellowcake Furry Burrito and my god is it good! Fully recommend trying it out if you have a chance....

Another plus is that the RRP is actually fairly reasonable (good luck picking up a 2nd hand one tho).

Thanks for the advice!