New Gibson Burstdriver

What's Hot

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    edited July 2017
    Sassafras said:
    Does Gibson have a long history of making top quality effects?
    Gibson were the first to market a fuzz box in 1962. I think that was the pedal that started the stomp box paradigm.
    http://www.vintageguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/MAESTRO_FUZZTONE_03.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9611
    Why does nobody make a whirlwind pedal now then? And what the hell was it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Nice guitar with unnecessary gubbins stuffed in the back. 

• gwEmgwEm Frets: 10
    I've often thought about adding some built in FX to my guitars. If you're walking around stage it's not always convenient to go back to your pedal board at a specific moment to toggle an effect.

Problem I realised is you need to add the effect to all the guitars you're likely to use live. Otherwise you still need a pedalboard anyway.

But I also like the idea of robot tuners so.. 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    That is just slightly overpriced. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 897
    mbe said:
    Sassafras said:
    Does Gibson have a long history of making top quality effects?
    Gibson were the first to market a fuzz box in 1962. I think that was the pedal that started the stomp box paradigm.
    http://www.vintageguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/MAESTRO_FUZZTONE_03.jpg
    Is that not what Keef used on Satisfaction? Iconic but probably better on the floor.  What happens if you fancy a change of fuzz?
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited July 2017
    Fender,as always works better.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    gwEm said:
    I've often thought about adding some built in FX to my guitars. If you're walking around stage it's not always convenient to go back to your pedal board at a specific moment to toggle an effect.

Problem I realised is you need to add the effect to all the guitars you're likely to use live. Otherwise you still need a pedalboard anyway.

@gwEm - Zoom had an answer for you in 1990!  The strap-mounted 9002 - yours for only £349, remarkably cheap at the time...

https://planetbotch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-zoom-9002-guitar-multi-fx-processor.html

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    The first thing you have to assume is that is it the right type of overdrive that will suit you - Knowing how many boutique overdrive pedals exists, then chances are I can find an overdrive pedal that I will prefer to what is on that LP - What's more is that I can then use that boutique overdrive pedal on every guitar that I own

Then knowing that if I use a pedal board I can put different pedals in a different order/sequence, so I might want wah before or after overdrive and certainly compressor before overdrive - I can't do that with the overdrive built in the guitar

As such I can't see why I would ever need to go down a route similar to the LP Custom Burstdriver - Granted Matt Bellamy has a 'device' in his guitar but that is almost unique to him and his guitar - Not for me, but I can see why it suits him - But not an overdrive pedal that are 10 a penny on the market
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • gwEmgwEm Frets: 10
    Nitefly said:
    gwEm said:

@gwEm - Zoom had an answer for you in 1990!  The strap-mounted 9002 - yours for only £349, remarkably cheap at the time...

https://planetbotch.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/the-zoom-9002-guitar-multi-fx-processor.html

@nitefly I wonder if it actually sounds good(!) little danger of that I fear.
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    TimmyO said:
    You realise that the plates opposite sides aren't parallel? It can only line up with one of them... 
    Yes you are indeed correct, but i'd align it with the edge its closest to, then it doesn't look as far out.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    gwEm said:
    Nitefly said:
    gwEm said:

Joe Satriani famously recorded Crying with a Zoom 9002
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    2 wacky thoughts

1) Will Jon @FelineGuitars and Adrian @ThorpyFX get together and do a built in overdrive on a similar guitar

2) can anyone somehow concoct the idea the the trem arm on a Strat is effectively the pedal control of a built in wah pedal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    2 wacky thoughts

1) Will Jon @FelineGuitars and Adrian @ThorpyFX get together and do a built in overdrive on a similar guitar

2) can anyone somehow concoct the idea the the trem arm on a Strat is effectively the pedal control of a built in wah pedal
    Never..... Jon has enough common sense to know it's a shit idea! ;) maybe me and Jon could run Gibson.... I'll see if I can create a "go fund me" page..
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • HoofHoof Frets: 491
    It's quite a cool idea but I can't help thinking it would be better if it was in a box on the floor that had some sort of switch so I could turn it on and off with my foot.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    gwEm said:
    Nitefly said:
    gwEm said:

I think the phrase "of its time" might apply!

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Haven't they done this in the Classic LP before?
    I have no problem with it personally. Whatever they do they can't win. Nobody went berserk over the Clapton strat for example.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    If it ain't broke.....
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Never much for built in guitar FX one of the few things I liked about the PRS Jon Mayer signature was the clean boost seemed to give it a certain something. Full blown overdrive are you kidding me Gibson.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I think it would probably be a good idea to have a system where you can supply power through the ring of a TRS jack to your pedals through a battery system in the guitar or from the first pedal in the chain.