Egnater Tweaker 15 head or Line 6 DT25 Head.

Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
edited July 2017 in Amps
So I'm sans amp at the moment but I have a Harley Benton 1x12 cab with a Celestion V30.  So I was thinking of getting one of those style amp heads that covers a lot of ground.  

I had both of these as combo versions and I remember them being good, the DT25 combo was bastard heavy and changing the "amps" would result in a bit of a spike in volume but I remember the low power mode being decent.  

I also remember the Egnater being pretty good but it did have a "sweet spot" that you had to hit which could be a little loud on the "hot" bias.

Opinions and experiences of these would be great.  I guess I need convincing or point out where there were some massive pitfalls with either.

Cheers!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Love my DT25 head and cab, it doesn't get much use now I have the Helix so drop me a MP if you are interested :)  Tried a tweaker and wasn't impressed
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    I think the DT25 is pretty decent if you update it to V2 which gives you access to far more models/speakers than it comes with. The Plexi model was far better than the Park it comes with.
  • Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    cheers fella's, as I was uming and ahing Guitarguitar sold out and Anderton's won't match the price Guitar Guitar are doing it for.  I mean £100 more was one thing but paying £150 more than a Tweaker?  Hm...
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Arktik83 said:
    cheers fella's, as I was uming and ahing Guitarguitar sold out and Anderton's won't match the price Guitar Guitar are doing it for.  I mean £100 more was one thing but paying £150 more than a Tweaker?  Hm...
    Mine is mint and boxed and available ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Obviously a matter of personal taste, but I loved the sound of the Tweaker and hated the DT25.

I've worked on only one of each as far as I remember... the Tweaker was a failed PCB jumper connector and the DT25 a faulty switching component. On balance I would say the Tweaker is the more likely to be reliable and the easier to repair in the long run, as it's much less complex - assuming it doesn't have a transformer fault.

I have also seen several Egnaters with blown transformers, but not the Tweaker 15 so far.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson