Atomic amplifire for bass?

What's Hot
John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
edited July 2017 in FX
Has anyone they uses the AF had decent results using it with a bass?    

Helix and axefx seem to cater for bass fx more but the small size of the AF would be better.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Have you checked out the Zoom B3n?  Just picked up the guitar version as a Helix backup and I'm dead impressed
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    John_A said:
    Have you checked out the Zoom B3n?  Just picked up the guitar version as a Helix backup and I'm dead impressed
    Cheers. I'll have a look.  

Seems a real shame the AF doesn't include anything for bass - it would let me have a simple rig that works for guitar and bass without taking up a lot of space.  I even checked out the helix lt last night but it wouldn't be any smaller than my ax8.   
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    It can load IRs, right?

Try using a bass cab IR with a relatively clean amp model and see how that goes. That and an EQ block can probably get you a decent result.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    It can load IRs, right?

Try using a bass cab IR with a relatively clean amp model and see how that goes. That and an EQ block can probably get you a decent result.
    Sorry I should have been more clear - I'm in the priciest of putting together a small board for bass gigs and it's occurred to me that I liked the amplifire so I could buy one again and use it for both bass and a small gig/rehearsal/backup guitar board instead of ending up with an extra rig and getting tempted by dark glass etc 

I can see that it could work using a bass cab IR as you say but I'd feel happier hearing that others have had good results. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23964
    Tech 21 BassFly Rig?
    Tech 21 BassFly Rig?
    I was very tempted to get one but I'm not 100% convinced by the clips Ive heard - I have the guitar version and it does sound good but hasn't quite got the functions I had hoped for so I'm wary of making the same mistake when I could sell it and but something that covers both.   

Of course a more compact version of the helix lt instead of being the same size and a regular helix would have been a good alternative as well.