Wudtone CP/Holy Grail Strat Trem Yes or No?

What's Hot
builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
I'm thinking of a trem upgrade on my K-Line strat. I've been pondering over the Wudtone's
Can anyone recommend any others? I've looked at Gotoh, ABM, Super-Vee and Callaham? I'm currently using a vintage styled WVC Wilkinson which needs replacing. Importantly I'd prefer the 54mm String spacing as I don't want to change the feel of the guitar as it plays so nicely at the moment. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I've one of the Holy Grail's and it works very well indeed. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Yes, although I'd go for the vintage look one, the original looks a bit clunky.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    I really like my Hipshot one, in the narrow spacing, but is quite modern-looking. Great baseplate, no saddle wear, sintered block with push-fit arm.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22739
    Gotoh certainly make a number of different bridges with 54mm spacing.  Callaham only do the wide vintage spacing or 52.5mm.  I haven't tried any of the others.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Wudtone trems are the nuts ! I used to be really conflicted because whilst I really love the super fluid action of a two point trem I would have to concede that they just don't sound as good as a vintage six screw type trem.
    I personally feel that the Wudtone gives you nearly all the fluid functionality of a two post but with the 'proper' vintage trem sound 
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    Thanks all! Will look into the wudtone vintage based trem