1990 Telecaseter US Standard value?

What's Hot
scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
Hi, I have a 1990 Tele US standard bought new in 91. Its in really good nick, been in case for most of the time. Has a few dings but very few. I am going to put it up for sale, but I cant seem to find anything on the usual sites to use as a good guide price.I've seen about 600-900 quid which is a big range.  Any thoughts as to what I should advertise it for and actually sell it?
cheers
Will
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    TBH, 90s Teles really aren't in demand - sorry! I'm not knocking your guitar but they are a little 'a-typical' of a Tele in terms of sound and feel. There are other options available for similar funds that are closer to what most would want from a Tele.

The guys asking £900 are dellusional - they will never sell them and certainly not privately (I'd wager that most of the private sales at this price are bedroom traders). I think in today's crowded market you'll do well to get £600.

Sorry if that sounds harsh - its not meant to be, as I quite like early 90s Fenders. But they don't make good money...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    No probs at all. Many thanks for your thoughts. I couldnt for teh life of me work out teh high end pricing, I couldnt believe they were "vintage" or something now!
    cheers
    WIll
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14186
    tFB Trader
    I'd agree with earlier comments from  @impmann ;

final price will depend on case (original Fender case) - overall condition and fret wear - but assuming all good then a private sale at £600 and you will be doing ok
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    Thanks chaps. Case is original Fender, very little fretwear. Condition is really nice as it just hasnt been played very much. Like a 6month old guitar really.Doesnt get played so should eb moved on and replaced with something else!
     Interestingly the pickguard has faded down to a minty green like on much older guiatrs. i wouldnt have expected that.
    cheers fellas.
    Will
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    Assuming it doesn't have staggered tuners about £500-£600.