Need some PRS wisdom please...

What's Hot
ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
Last week our landlord announced he was selling our house which triggered a fire sale of my collection. Two days later we lined up a new place in the catchment for our son's school which allows our dog (try renting a house when you have a dog...). I sold lots, so am now looking at one or two replacements. After reading the PRS book I really want an NF3, but there are none for sale. There is, however, a PRS listed on ebay as a Swamp Ash Special with NF3 pickup configuration. I can't find anything else like this, and I'm wondering whether it is actually a bitsa - an NF3 body with SAS neck. It has a SAS truss rod cover. Anyone ever seen one like this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    No prob!! My google has widefield search enabled ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    tFB Trader
    They were part of a limited run - I dare say that both the SAS with Narrowfield and the NF3 will crop up from time to time on the used market so be patient - sods law but it was only a couple of weeks ago that I had a used and as new/mint SAS with narrowfields for sale - So maybe another day
    They were part of a limited run - I dare say that both the SAS with Narrowfield and the NF3 will crop up from time to time on the used market so be patient - sods law but it was only a couple of weeks ago that I had a used and as new/mint SAS with narrowfields for sale - So maybe another day
    Thanks Mark. Have pulled the trigger on the one I saw listed...so we'll see! 

tFB Trader
    ellwood said:

great guitar as a 'super Strat' style with the obvious PRS slant on things regarding playability, build quality and of course a great trem package
    ellwood said:

great guitar as a 'super Strat' style with the obvious PRS slant on things regarding playability, build quality and of course a great trem package
    Really looking forward to trying it. I've only recently got into US PRS and really liked the thinking behind this approach. I have a 305 so it will be interesting to back to back them.
    tFB Trader
    ellwood said:

Really looking forward to trying it. I've only recently got into US PRS and really liked the thinking behind this approach. I have a 305 so it will be interesting to back to back them.
    a bit more snap and attack then a 305 
    ellwood said:

a bit more snap and attack then a 305 
    Excellent...could be very good news then! And between the two of them will cover a lot of bases
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Sorry to hear your predicament Nick, but every cloud and all that.....we need pics @ellwood

Sorry to hear your predicament Nick, but every cloud and all that.....we need pics @ellwood
    As soon as it lands....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom