Ozark on Netflix.

chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Anyone else started watching it? I watched episode 1 last night, and thought it was pretty damn good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Just started Episode 3, seems good so far, not as amazing as I perhaps thought it would be but I think I'll stick with another couple episodes and decide to stick with it or drop it.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    We're two episodes in. It's pretty good and o think quality crime/action tv show was way overdue...

Though, it does feel that Jason Bateman produced and directed the show, he plays the main character as well.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    Ozark Mountain Daredevils... Jackie Blue, - #sits alone from inside of  her room....#
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Really hooked now, just watched three episodes in a row. Peter Mullan is in it, always liked him. Not sure he's really managed to hide his accent. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    It's ok, on to episode 4, pretty good so far - could easily turn into a soap opera, and the missus possibly turn into Breaking Bad's annoying Skyler, but the Netflix episode summaries seem to indicate there's a lot more twists to come
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    It's ok, on to episode 4, pretty good so far - could easily turn into a soap opera, and the missus possibly turn into Breaking Bad's annoying Skyler, but the Netflix episode summaries seem to indicate there's a lot more twists to come

I can't see it turning into Breaking Bad, that was sublime, but one lives in hope. Laura Linney is borderline hot, too. Shame we never really get to see 'that' video, eh?

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Jalapeno said:

I can't see it turning into Breaking Bad, that was sublime, but one lives in hope. Laura Linney is borderline hot, too. Shame we never really get to see 'that' video, eh?

No I didn't mean that it would turn into Breaking Bad - it's nowhere near that good !  Meant that Laura Linney character would become as annoying as Skyler.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    edited July 2017
    Jalapeno said:
    Jalapeno said:

No I didn't mean that it would turn into Breaking Bad - it's nowhere near that good !  Meant that Laura Linney character would become as annoying as Skyler.

I hear you. I'm wondering if, as time goes on, she actually becomes more of a help than a hindrance which Skylar did. But that was Skylar being calculating, rather than out of loyalty. And we're not yet sure whether Wendy has any genuine loyalty to Marty (apart from one point which I won't say here because of spoiler). So, maybe Wendy will turn out something similar?

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3139
    tFB Trader
    Four episodes in, great cinematography, great premise. Keen to see how they develop the story past season 1. Jason Bateman is one of my favourite comic actors (Arrested Development) but have been very impressed with him in this
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Finished binge-watching it last night, I would recommend it.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Am upto episode 6, will start episode 7 tonight.  So far so good, I'll see out this first series, it's easy to watch.

I wasn't a fan before, but am liking Jason Bateman in this.
    Just finished last night. Loved it. Yup, I thought Jason was pretty good, too.

Now I'm stuck for something else to watch.

• BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Only onto episode four but enjoying it so far.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    Up to episode 4 so far and really enjoying it.

Trying not to watch more than one episode at a time though, as apart from Twin Peaks there are so few new good shows on at the moment.

I am actually watching The Sopranos through again. 
    edited July 2017
    Right, I've just stumbled across another series which has potential - "Top of the Lake", the new series. Promising so far.

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    Just finished watching it. Thought it was great, Bateman and Linley were superb. Believe it's been commissioned for a 2nd season.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Just finished watching it too, it was good.  Anything else to check out?
    Yes, the aforementioned Top of the Lake series 2. Very good.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Yes, the aforementioned Top of the Lake series 2. Very good.
    Do I need to have seen series 1 @chillidoggy ?