Wah pedals, Cry Baby vs Ibanez WH10

FruscianteFrusciante Frets: 1
Hi folks,

Pretty new to this forum, so I'm asking some questions for you old timers to answer.
I currently have a Dunlop Cry Baby, but am thinking of switching to a WH10, like the idea of adjusting the sweep, and of course, famously used by one Mr Frusciante.  Can anyone who's tried/owned both advise as to the good and bad of each one? Obviously want to avoid any pitfalls when looking for the Ibanez version.

Thanks,

Mike

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Never mind the famous who have used them try both and see which works for you.
    I've had a Crybaby and a Weeping Demon (the full size one) and I'd take the WD every time.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5105
    I've got a Crybaby. 
    Sounds like a Wah to me, I use it after a buffer so no noticeable tone suck. 

For the amount it gets used in a set, it's not really worth splashing out on anything more for me, although the spring loaded instant on feature of the Weeping Demon is pretty cool. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • MattBansheeMattBanshee Frets: 1498
    Weeping Demon absolutely pisses all over every other wah, in my opinion. The bass mode sounds epic on guitar too, and the sprung treadle is worth the money by itself.