The Music Gallery Berwick-Upon-Tweed

What's Hot
Has anybody dealt with them?  I live a long way away from them and am considering an expedition there. Any views welcomed. They certainly have some nice  guitars.  Thank you in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    Have you searched? They came up in a thread, some months ago
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Their website hacks Samsung mobiles
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    I think they post a lot on my local Facebook but always claiming it's just a person not a shop. Not sure why they'd need to do that. 
  • BGGBGG Frets: 688
    I'm sure it's a shop, not been but see the Facebook posts. They get some nice used stuff in, not always the keenest prices IMO mind.
    #thebatesmotelband
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'm driving through Berwick tomorrow if you want someone to stop and recon them

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Thank you everybody for your comments.  I think I'll let my desire for another guitar simmer and see how strong it is after a day or two!
  • camfcamf Frets: 1190
    edited July 2017
    Admirable self control. I respect, envy but will never really understand people like you. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    camf said:
    Admirable self control. I respect, envy but will never really understand people like you. :)
    Self control. I've heard of this. I'm sure there's a cure. Seek help immediately

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    I wouldn't hesitate to deal with them. I've bought from them several times over a number of years, a friendly enthusiastic team and one of the most interesting music shops you'll find these days. Not always lowest prices but good stock, some vintage  and always willing to do a deal, trade etc.  I'd trust them fully, Martin and Brian are honest guys, if you have any doubts just speak to them. I should say I have no interest in the place other than being a long standing customer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 600
    I've known the owner for years and been in several times and bought a few bits. First class shop and they always have some interesting secondhand pieces in. The website is unfortunately a bit clunky and never up to date. Brian and Martin are great and I would have no hesitation dealing with them.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I was in a couple of years ago, killing time before the match. Had some nice stuff in. Bloke we spoke to was pleasant enough. The yam sg guy off this forum has a fair bit of stuff in there..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Thank you everybody for your useful comments.  Having resisted for a few days, I had an outing to Berwick and came home with a lovely ES137 Custom and minus a couple of amps which are too heavy for me.  The shop has an exceptional range of unusual guitars (including a pre war L5.  Brian (the owner) and Martin, were very welcoming and helpful and I could have easily spent all day in there.  Berwick-upon-Tweed is worth a visit too.