New Look Oil City site.

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
I've been a busy bunny :-) the Oil City site has a complete update (there's a bit more yet to be done regarding sound files and videos etc)
There are lots of new pickups that you have never seen before, like the Oil City Masterwound Origin 1954 Strat set,
and the Blackbird Ulfbhirt humbucker set.

I have brought all the Masterwound onto the same pages as my Standard range, so comparison is a bit easier, and there are a whole new range P90 Soapbar and Dog-ear pickups to tickle your palate.
Below: the new Jazz-Watch alnico III

I have just received a box of pickups back from magazine review, so I will be putting those in the classified section tomorrow, at a much lower than normal price. With them will be a couple of sets of humbuckers that were built especially for photography on the new site. They are mint - yes I really mean mint ;-) and again, going much cheaper than usual.

Yes a pair of Masterwound Havocs will be among them, and a set of Blue Streaks, both in flush baseplate/body or ring mount guise.

Some pickups are taking a rest from my lineup, like the Rocket 55, the Buccaneer and the Brass Knuckle, these will continue to be available to special order. .
I'm off for two weeks holiday in Finland on the 9th of August If you guys want anything before I leave, you had best yell now, otherwise you can contact me on the usual e mail of ash@oilcitypickups.co.uk or catch me on the flipside of a well earned annual break.

PS the site update is very new and there may be some bugs. If you spot any dead links or odd behavior, please feel free to give me a heads up.
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    edited July 2017
    Possible mistake. Origin 54s are showing as masterwound at £126, whereas all the other masterwound single coil sets are around £164?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
    tFB Trader
    Thanks dude ... it's an ass about face link ... fixing it now
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Great website! - interesting to look around. Just a curious question, but what might be a good choice for a super versatile humbucker - able to do a decent job getting vintage-esque sweet tones, maybe with the volume/tone backed off a little, but also able to get into more modern, crisp, full-range kind of tones, good with effects, and sustained overdriven lead sounds?

tFB Trader
    Megii said:
    Great website! - interesting to look around. Just a curious question, but what might be a good choice for a super versatile humbucker - able to do a decent job getting vintage-esque sweet tones, maybe with the volume/tone backed off a little, but also able to get into more modern, crisp, full-range kind of tones, good with effects, and sustained overdriven lead sounds?

Lots of people are getting really excited about my Creature, particularly in the bridge position, Its a 'super unbalanced' coil design, very PAF like flat out, but splits very well. Otherwise I'd say either the Nightfighter set, or if you are feeling a bit more flush, a set of Blackbirds.The blackbirds especially are very responsive to the volume control.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Megii said:

Lots of people are getting really excited about my Creature, particularly in the bridge position, Its a 'super unbalanced' coil design, very PAF like flat out, but splits very well. Otherwise I'd say either the Nightfighter set, or if you are feeling a bit more flush, a set of Blackbirds.The blackbirds especially are very responsive to the volume control.
    Thanks - have to admit I like the look of the Blackbirds, and that combination of rich clean sounds, the definition and harmonic complexity, with the medium/high output sounds more than a bit intriguing...

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    As luck would have it I was browsing the old format site earlier today. This is a distinct improvement.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Looking good.

Honkytonk Angels are showing as FortyNiners in the drop-down menu.
    tFB Trader
    KKJale said:
    Looking good.

Honkytonk Angels are showing as FortyNiners in the drop-down menu.
    Thanks dude

tFB Trader
    Megii said:
    Megii said:

Thanks - have to admit I like the look of the Blackbirds, and that combination of rich clean sounds, the definition and harmonic complexity, with the medium/high output sounds more than a bit intriguing...

Not for nothing is it the pickup of choice on the Black Machine B6 :-)

tFB Trader
    For those interested the pickups mentioned are up in the classifieds ... get yer wallets out ;-)

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Blackbirds are astonishingly good. 
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    I've done a video to show the dynamic range of the blackbirds. It's just filmed on an iPhone.

You need to remember it's a high gain channel, so the cleans are from the volume just being backed down. Sounds way better with a dedicated clean sound.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Thats fantastic mate ... I love seeing my pickups being put through their paces by customers. My guilty secret is that the Blackbirds are just about my personal favorite humbucking pickups in my range. Even on my playing like a 'sack of spuds' days (there are too many where I don't get to practise enough), I can always get a sound I like, and that makes me want to carry on playing :-)