SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock (12 port) & Apple Time Capsule 2TB

mynamesnotbobmynamesnotbob Frets: 114
edited August 2017 in Misc £

OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock +Apple  2m Thunderbolt 2 cable

Thunderbolt 2 dock inc Apple  2m Thunderbolt 2 cable

Spec as: https://www.owcdigital.com/products/thunderbolt-2-dock

·      Thunderbolt 2 Dock with 12 Ports of incredible connectivity OWCTB2DOCK12P

·      Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy-chain support

·      Ultra HD 4K and multiple display support (requires the use of at least one Thunderbolt display)

·      5 USB 3.0 ports, including 2 high-power ports

·      FireWire 800 for storage and legacy devices

Perfect for any thunderbolt 2 equipped Mac, including Mac Pro, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air

Boxed, including power supply. As new condition, no missing parts and no damage, still has protective plastic on

Price £140 plus shipping

/////////////

Apple Time Capsule 2TB

AirPort Time Capsule 802.11n (4th Generation)

Time Capsule by Apple, 2GB disk. Can be used as Time Machine Backup, NAS drive, WiFI Base Station and Router

Apple Time Capsule second generation 500GB 802.11n Wi-Fi Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless Router & Printer Server &NAS A1409. Specs here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp627?locale=en_GB

Boxed, including power lead. Good condition, no missing parts and no damage, no disk errors reported

Configuration removed, and disk wiped – no errors reported. Default config restored

Price £90 plus shipping

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Just wondering about the airport.

What I'm trying to do is: router is in the living room, but I often go on the internet in the garage. At the minute I've got one of those WiFi range extenders in the garage and a massive ethernet cable goes in to my macbook through a USB adapter, and I can get about 20mbps.
    I want something that will go in my garage that will give me the 150mbps I get in the house. 

Would I need to get an Internet cable wall box thing installed in the garage to use this? Does it have the connection for the fibre cable?
  • DefaultM said:
    Just wondering about the airport.

What I'm trying to do is: router is in the living room, but I often go on the internet in the garage. At the minute I've got one of those WiFi range extenders in the garage and a massive ethernet cable goes in to my macbook through a USB adapter, and I can get about 20mbps.
    I want something that will go in my garage that will give me the 150mbps I get in the house. 

Would I need to get an Internet cable wall box thing installed in the garage to use this? Does it have the connection for the fibre cable?
    Assuming the distance from the garage to the living room is a fair size, you would be best to get a CAT5E/6 cable installed from the router to the garage and then having another WiFi pad - 150mb/s just will not work on WiFi reliably at any real distance without at least dedicating some channels to backhaul which is outside the scope of most consumer units. 

Fibre internet link would need to be terminated at the router. The time capsule is for wireless and Wired Ethernet only.

Of course there are more than one ways to skin a cat, and I previously had these around the house, but I always rely on Ethernet for backhaul to keep the speeds up. Saying that running Cat6 to every room of the house and a massive patch panel under the stairs with servers doesn't seem to be the norm, so you may be able to get perfectly workable results - but 150 mb/s I think would be unachievable in the real world.

Poor salesman job I know!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Thanks for being honest! Haha. Realistically I don't need faster Internet in there, but I do enjoy seeing I've got a high speed.