Pick up the pieces

Anybody know the guitar line (not the rhythm guitar part)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited August 2017
    I played it many years ago, but I believe it was the Candy Dulfer version. However, I think the picking part is the same as the Average White Band version..

Below is a link to download a pdf giving my old hand written (scrappy chart). I haven't had time to check it but let me know if it's OK for your needs. I could probably tab the picking part tomorrow if necessary. Looking at it after all these years, I think the first intro chord might be wrong and should be Cm11 not C7#9 (so the notes on top 4 strings are C F Bb Eb). I'll check in the morning.

https://app.box.com/s/v5sbon7zsp43byon9e2y4e5imrkxxk54

It's not a competition.
  • I played it many years ago, but I believe it was the Candy Dulfer version. However, I think the picking part is the same as the Average White Band version..

Below is a link to download a pdf giving my old hand written (scrappy chart). I haven't had time to check it but let me know if it's OK for your needs. I could probably tab the picking part tomorrow if necessary. Looking at it after all these years, I think the first chord might be wrong and should be C11 not C7#9. I'll check in the morning.

https://app.box.com/s/v5sbon7zsp43byon9e2y4e5imrkxxk54

Thats incredibly kind of you @stratman3142 - I haven't heard the Candy Dulfer version will have a look

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited August 2017
    I've just checked and I think the verse picking part is basically OK in the chart I posted, although there's seems to be a stray E after the tie on the Ab in the verse picking pattern. Also, I make the Intro chord to be Cm11 (i.e. C F Bb and Eb) on the top four strings. I'm not sure why I wrote C7#9. I don't recall playing that.

I suppose I couldn't be bothered to change things all those years ago, when I had to write everything by hand.

So this is what I played on the verses. Some might play it on strings 4 and 5. I think I used strings 4 and 3 because it gave a bit more of a clicky sound.

http://i.imgur.com/gLbVyWC.png

It's not a competition.
  • Check out the Tim Pierce youtube vid of him playing in the house band at the Grammy's. They play an excerpt of the song at some point in the vid and you can get a good look at what he's playing. I worked out the main guitar part from this vid and it sounds great :-)

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Years and years ago I was supposed to do this in a band and went back to rehearsal and said I hadn't got a f*****g clue so it's been somewhere in the back of my mind to try it again;  so I should treat this as a prompt. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Check out the Tim Pierce youtube vid of him playing in the house band at the Grammy's. They play an excerpt of the song at some point in the vid and you can get a good look at what he's playing. I worked out the main guitar part from this vid and it sounds great :-)

He's playing the riff at 8:38 with a great groove and feel. Compared to what I previously notated, I believe he's playing a C instead of an F as the third to last note (see pic below). Also, he's playing it on strings 5 and 4, with the C on string 6. I'll bow to his better judgement.

http://i.imgur.com/OOw4mIc.png
    It's not a competition.
  • Yeah that's how I usually play it too (the Tim one)