PSA: New SIMO album

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
Just to let you all know there's a new SIMO album out on the 15th September called "Rise and Shine". If it's anywhere near as good as his last it'll be a cracker.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Wis'd and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully another UK tour will follow at some point
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wis'd and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully another UK tour will follow at some point
    I think it's just a single London gig this time around, as part of a European tour. 
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1395
    Wis'd and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully another UK tour will follow at some point
    I think it's just a single London gig this time around, as part of a European tour. 
    Really? Buggar
    How very rock and roll
  • Wis'd and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully another UK tour will follow at some point
    Really? Buggar
    Yep. Seems to be having a crack at Germany. 

https://www.songkick.com/artists/421668-simo
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    Has anyone had a listen? 

Its very different, jury is out for me. I don't love it.
  • Wasnt keen on the single, but will give it a go. Amazing player 
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    edited September 2017
    shaunm said:
    Has anyone had a listen? 

Its very different, jury is out for me. I don't love it.
    @shaunm  it is different, not a patch on his debut but that's usually the way isn't it? I enjoyed his second album "Let love show the way" that was a cracking album. The area where he shines though is his live playing, he is just electric on stage. When I saw him live he was first on the bill and he just blew the other two bands out of the water, they had to follow his set and they just couldn't follow up. I really hope he does another U.K tour, I'd love to see him again.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    @zepp76 I've had another listen today and I'm really not sold. Unfortunately there's quite a bit that I'm not sure about. I don't like the mix and some of the tones but what disinterests me on the album is the guitar playing. I've seen interviews with him where he has said he wanted to get rid of the playing in someone else's style, I get that, plough your own field but in actively thinking about it his wonderful playing seems to have been lost in experimental soundscapes that are drenched in reverb and Trem. Nothing wrong with that, it's just not what I like. 

Song writing wise it's a bit iffy as well. I get that it's a personal album but I find myself cringing when it comes to spoken parts in songs talking of world peace.

Live he is one of the best I've seen, he is a fantastic player, the whole band are great. You can tell that they were playing 250 gigs a year as they play together so well. 

Actually, the drums and bass sound fantastic on this album. 

Am i sounding like an arse? I hope not as I am a fan of Simo, I just think this album isn't what I hoped it would be.
  • I'm loving this...very different to the last but equally enjoyable. Feels a little like something Jonny Lang would release!