Mic stand recommendations please

What's Hot
midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Frets: 2343
had cheap flimsy ones but they get knackered, any recommendations for a good gigging stand please.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    Check out K&M or Ultimate.
    They do good stuff that doesn't seem to break.
  • K&M get my vote 
  • Gravity stands are very sturdy. I've had mine nearly 3 years and it's still going strong. It's been thrown in and out of our band van at least once a week in that time.

https://m.thomann.de/gb/gravity_ms_4321_b_microphone_stand.htm?o=0&search=1503573457
  • will do, thnx
  • hard to tell from any of the pics, they all look the same as my cheap ones ( the ones they bundle with SM58 kits) im sure they must be more sturdy
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10402
    These stand up well to constant giging, we have about 12 of them :-1: 

http://cpc.farnell.com/pulse-plus/plsp00008/mic-stand-boom-metal-base/dp/DP34881

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    K&M gets my +1
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    K&M, you could look at the round base model if its for singers as you get more space around it without the usual tripod legs. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    I like the ones with tripod legs and a telescopic boom. At pub gigs it's too easy for a punters arm to catch the end of a long boom. If you're lucky then it only stops the song, but I've also seen mics destroyed and guitars damaged.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5466
    I bought a couple of K&M stands years ago and they've been brilliant. 
  • Hercules gets my vote, but the cheaper ones aren't much better than others at the price the more expensive ones are real workhorses 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    K&M are the industry standard. They also build the Beyerdynamic ones which are basically the same. 

Best low budget option is probably Studiospares, simply because they supply spare parts for them too so unlike a lot of cheap brands you can actually repair them if they do break.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3584
    K&M they also make stands for the big mic companies like beyer.  Also  you can buy spare parts and services they when pillock's make the booms floppy. 
  • mike257 said:
    K&M are the industry standard. They also build the Beyerdynamic ones which are basically the same. 

Best low budget option is probably Studiospares, simply because they supply spare parts for them too so unlike a lot of cheap brands you can actually repair them if they do break.
    Ahhh, thats interesting because my broken ones are studio spares so i might be able to get spares to fix them. to be fair theyve lasted quite a few years of abuse .
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    mike257 said:

Ahhh, thats interesting because my broken ones are studio spares so i might be able to get spares to fix them. to be fair theyve lasted quite a few years of abuse .
    They're a good deal - they do a six pack for about 65/70 quid. They're not as sturdy as the K&M stuff that I've got, but they're not bad at all for the price. There's a pretty full inventory of spares in their catalogue.