used Epi help

I was wondering if anyone has or knows this guitar ?

I got it from a man in town with a small van he ask me if I would like to buy an epi guitar £200 , I said I would have a look ! after looking at it I said  I would take £160 because it did have some scratches and dings. I actually got this because it looked different and thought it might sound good.

Now I don't know much about the guitar only its an acoustic Epiphone ,  the  guy  said he was give it back in  1995 used to learn on, but he never got round to it and stored it in the loft  he said it was more likely the guitar was made round 1988 , he said it was used and came like that . but if you look at the inlays I would really like to know if this guitar did come with inlays like that and are they badly done >?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26748
    That is an Epiphone Everly Brothers SQ180 - it looks stock to me, and that headstock is more sought-after than the more recent ones came with.

Should be easily worth 200 if there's nothing wrong with it.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71953
    The inlays are original. The over-routed holes with filler around them are normal on less expensive guitars, especially on any more unusually-shaped inlays where it's harder to make them fit accurately.

£160 is not a bargain in that condition, but it's probably not over the odds either.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson