SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT 2004 MIJ Tokai SG100 Final final price drop £450 no offers. Still taking trades.

What's Hot
eventheloserseventhelosers Frets: 100
edited September 2017 in Guitars £
Up for grabs is my 2004 MIJ Tokai SG100. Its white, it has three pickups, which I'm assuming are stock but sound great nonetheless, it has a fat neck and barely a mark on it. I'm selling to raise funds for a new amp.

There aren't many of this particular model for sale out in internetland, so far as I can tell, so its hard to gauge the asking price but I'll start at £695 ono. I'm sure someone will let me know if I'm way off the mark! Comes with a Gibsonesque tan hard case with a fluffy pink interior.

Based in West Yorkshire, happy to meet halfway within reason. No postage I'm afraid. Cash on collection preferred.

Edit: I need to recoup a minimum £250 on this. If you have a combination of an amp attenuator, a high quality pedal board or any boutique pedals to trade, to a max value of £200, then I'm open to offers so long as the transaction totals £450.

Thanks for looking!

EDIT: In the interests of full disclosure, there is a small paint chip on the top of the headstock that was there when I purchased the guitar.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4370/37211970132_74ed69e186_o.jpg

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump. Offers welcome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Now looking for £650 ono.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6208
    That... Is gorgeous  =)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump. Will be at the Leeds Bradford guitar show this Sunday if anyone wants to try it out.
  • Bump.
  • moz91moz91 Frets: 38
    Any interest in trades on this one?
  • moz91 said:
    Any interest in trades on this one?
    Not unless you have a Carr Sportsman or similar. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12443
    Same as the one I sold to @lustycourtier  on here a few yrs ago, very very fat neck
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Same as the one I sold to @lustycourtier  on here a few yrs ago, very very fat neck
    Yeah, it's a chunky one alright. I haven't got shovels for hands by any stretch but I find it really comfortable. Horses, courses, etc... 

Price dropped to £600 Ono.
  • Great guitar this, make me an offer. Worst I can do is say no.
  • Price drop bump. Now £550 ono. Still open to offers.
  • Does it have a nitro lacquer finish? 
    Thanks
  • neonblack said:
    Does it have a nitro lacquer finish? 
    Thanks
    Sorry, I have absolutely no idea.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 669
    Im pretty sure, having owned a few mid 2000 MIJ Tokai's, that it is not Nitro. It will be a beautifully built guitar though, thats for sure.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prudd said:
    Im pretty sure, having owned a few mid 2000 MIJ Tokai's, that it is not Nitro. It will be a beautifully built guitar though, thats for sure.
    I've done a bit of investigating into the finish and there appears to be a lot of speculation and debate on a number of forums without, seemingly, any definitive answers... Not sure if @neonblack is aware of this and perhaps having a little fun with his line of questioning?! ;)

It is a very well built guitar, yes, cheers @prudd ;
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10912
    prudd said:
    I've done a bit of investigating into the finish and there appears to be a lot of speculation and debate on a number of forums without, seemingly, any definitive answers... Not sure if @neonblack is aware of this and perhaps having a little fun with his line of questioning?! ;)

It is a very well built guitar, yes, cheers @prudd ;
    If you can't tell, does it really matter? :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump. Final price drop. £525 Ono.
  • I need to recoup a minimum £250 on this. If you have a combination of an amp attenuator, a high quality pedal board or any boutique pedals to trade, to a max value of £275, then I'm open to offers so long as the transaction totals £525-ish.
  • Eventide TimeFactor any interest?
  • Eventide TimeFactor any interest?
    All sorted for delays, thanks for the offer though.