Recommend me a loop pedal for practicing please

chromatunachromatuna Frets: 367
edited September 2017 in Making Music
Hi folks, wasn't sure whether to put this here or in FX but here goes 

I was just playing at home with a few bluesy and jazzy progressions and I thought it would be great to just lay down some chords and then play melodies and solo over the top for practice 

So I think I want a loop pedal, nothing too fancy but good sound quality, any recommendations?

(I realise that I am about 15 years late with this stuff!)
This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    TC Electronic Ditto Looper. Had mine about a year and a half. Use it regularly for practicing (and have it used it live). Amazing pedal for under a £100. 

http://www.tcelectronic.com/ditto-looper/

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    If it's for practice then I'd also look at the Boss RC-3 which has a drum and percussion function which is useful as you can play along to a drum track which will help your timing.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • I just sold the Harley Benton dual Looper, which was ace. The only reason I sold it on was because I bought a trio+, which does the same stuff and much much more

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1232
    Ditto or something Boss. In terms of a basic looper, they're all a much of a muchness.

I personally bought a RC-3, as I thought I'd like the drum feature, but I think I've used it twice. I have however used the USB functionality to download backing tracks.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Might seem like an odd choice but the Zoom G3 has a nice looper, but also a drum machine and some decent effects so it's a really nice all in one box and can be had for bugger all SH.