SOLO of the Month #30

What's Hot
This is the 30th SOLO of the Month (SotM) Challenge, being run by @Antique_Guitars and @TTony

We give you a new backing track to solo over every month. The backing track will be a maximum of 1.5mins long. 

You download the track from our soundcloud page, record your solo over the top of it and then submit it to us.

Challenge #30 is now open, and remains open for submissions until 24th September. 
Voting opens on the 25th of the month, and closes on the last day of the month when the winner will be announced.

Here is this months backing track (you can download it from soundcloud) Specs: Fusion Indian Raga in D

Send your tracks to solos@theFB.co.uk 

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/edit-fusion-indian-raga-backing-track-in-d?in=thefretboard/sets/solo-of-the-month-backing

The tracks will be uploaded to our SoundCloud account and saved in a playlist that will be linked below
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• @Antique_Guitars There doesn't appear to be a download option, unless I'm missing something.
    It's not a competition.
  • oh balls forgot that bit hang on
    Old Is Gold
  • should be downloadable now
    Old Is Gold
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2193
    edited September 2017
    Sent mine in.
    Could be interesting because the backing track says it's in D but I was mainly playing it as if it were in A harmonic minor. Maybe it's one of those "Sweet Home Alabama" things. Or maybe I've gone tone deaf on this one, completely misheard it and done a bit of a Les Dawson 
    It's not a competition.
  • Sent mine in. Quite tricky that one, but fun to have a go at. I can only describe my attempt as a Melange of Guitary things ;)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Sent.  I attempt to play lap steel on my home made version.  I just started using a new(to me) tuning, D,B,D,G,B,D after years of fumbling around with an open E tuning.  Just updated the pick up to a generic humbucker.  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    Sent :) 
    Challenged myself to lower gain, more dynamics and a single string with just the D droning in places. Using Helix LT, Guthrie Charvel and Reaper to record
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Please can someone tag me with an '@' so I remember to record this tomorrow?
  • Is that   like   @DefaultM   ?  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    Thanks. Bloody WiFi isn't working so I can't do it. Having to post using my phone.
    I'm not too bothered about the competition aspect so if I miss the deadline that's fine, I can still just record for fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just sent in my dodgy attempt at trying to make a guitar sound like a sitar!
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited September 2017
    Looked at this, looked at the date, ran upstairs and knocked one out.

Edit:
    DefaultM said:
    Thanks. Bloody WiFi isn't working so I can't do it. Having to post using my phone.
    I'm not too bothered about the competition aspect so if I miss the deadline that's fine, I can still just record for fun.
    I have just realised I did this on mobile.  The phone wifi was off.  Nothing can stop me, not even being pedestrian, clueless and wifi-less!
  • After a moving house hiatus, I really enjoyed the track this month and glad to be back in the game!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Entry closed, sorry for delay I have been on holiday. Will sort out everything tomorrow.
    Old Is Gold