Stone Mountain Sinners

What's Hot
thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
So last Friday I ventured out (a rare thing these days!) to the Barrels Beer Festival in Hereford to watch one of our very own (@miserneil) headlining in his band The Stone Mountain Sinners.  

I thought I just might give you all the heads up in case you get the chance to see this great band.  It was my kind of music - kind of American country rock with a Rolling Stones vibe, flavoured with a bit of Jackson Browne for good measure (Neil might put it differently of course), most of the set being their own material, but you'll also get to see a truly professional band and Neil rocking some lovely guitars.

A really enjoyable gig, great music and thoroughly recommended. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the very kind words Steve and I really do appreciate you coming along!

We're working on an E.P. album at the moment (just got back from the studio in fact) so as soon as we have some tracks completed, I'll post them up here :) 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    If anyone Midlands based fancies a night out helping raise a few quid for a great cause, we are doing a gig in aid of Birmingham Children's Hospital in Halesowen on September 30th. My cousin was born with a severe hole in the heart and it was due to BCH that his life was saved so it's a cause close to my, ahem, heart! 

A fiver on the door - Absolutely NO discount for Fretboarders but a very warm welcome by myself guaranteed! ;-)

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Just going to give this one a little bump, it's tonight, for a great cause and if any Midlands/Brum/Black Country based members fancy it, it'll be great to meet you :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1763
    @miserneil how is the EP going? I really enjoyed the videos you've posted of previous gigs :-)

Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    tFB Trader
    Hey @BigMonka! All going great thanks, we are just getting the first few tracks back from mastering as we speak, we're pretty pleased with them! We were in yesterday tracking drums for another 7 songs so it's all systems go :) 

I'll post a link up as soon as we have something to listen to.
    (formerly miserneil)
    Awesomesauce
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    miserneil said:
    If anyone Midlands based fancies a night out helping raise a few quid for a great cause, we are doing a gig in aid of Birmingham Children's Hospital in Halesowen on September 30th. My cousin was born with a severe hole in the heart and it was due to BCH that his life was saved so it's a cause close to my, ahem, heart! 

A fiver on the door - Absolutely NO discount for Fretboarders but a very warm welcome by myself guaranteed! ;-)

I have been asking the Weary family about going to this but have now had it pointed out that we've missed it by a week. Doh! Hope it went well. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    miserneil said:

I have been asking the Weary family about going to this but have now had it pointed out that we've missed it by a week. Doh! Hope it went well. 
    Not to worry @EricTheWeary, I'm sure they'll be others. It was a good night thanks, great turn out and they raised over £1200 for the Children's Hospital which is the main thing!  
    (formerly miserneil)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16254
    miserneil said:
    miserneil said:

Not to worry @EricTheWeary, I'm sure they'll be others. It was a good night thanks, great turn out and they raised over £1200 for the Children's Hospital which is the main thing!  
    Wow, that's really good. 
    I've never been in Benjamins for anything although I can walk it from my house in about 15 minutes, it's mostly a wedding venue I think and despite the lack of a scenic location it looks like it should be alright inside. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Ok, @BigMonka, here's our first track, Fool Like Me. This was shot at the gig that @thebreeze came to see us at. All comments good/bad/indifferent welcome :)

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    miserneil said:
    Ok, @BigMonka, here's our first track, Fool Like Me. This was shot at the gig that @thebreeze came to see us at. All comments good/bad/indifferent welcome :)

@miserneil that’s right up my street, great music (and well recorded)

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Superb!
  • Good stuff Neil.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    Happy summer memories Neil - a great night.  Cool video too - nicely shot.
  • westwest Frets: 994
    Missed this , nice tune neil !  2 ?'s how did you reign sarah in? and how did you gee colin up ?  ;D  will have to come and see you , its not even my genre but very well crafted !! ...
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Loving that track - do you have an EP or album in the works?
  • miserneil said:

Dynamite Neil, love it. 

Not sure you suit those high heel suede boots though....
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for the  very kind words fellas, it’s much appreciated!

I thought the boots were very ‘me’ @ourmaninthenorth they’d suit a fine purveyor of fashion like yourself too, I reckon... ;)
    (formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    Thanks for the  very kind words fellas, it’s much appreciated!

I thought the boots were very ‘me’ @ourmaninthenorth they’d suit a fine purveyor of fashion like yourself too, I reckon... ;)
    Brilliant...can I borrow them...hee hee
  • Still waiting for you to come down my way @miserneil ;
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/