Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6791

Rules:-

1) Don't be a dick - we're all there to learn

2) Help each other out - if you want some help just ask

3) If you want to try someone else's kit please ask them first!!

Enjoy yourselves!

I'll bring nametags labels (so we know who everyone is), running order, song sheets and lyrics for the jam songs if needed.

Are there any other drummers coming along? Im not sure if I should bring my new muse and get a chance to play it:-

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PabloPablo Frets: 38
    aord43 said:
    By the way...Leicester taught me that I need to get some earplugs for the next time.  I am going to order some now.
    Good shout. What are you getting @aord43 ? I used some Boots foam ones last time, but I've just ordered some ACS Pacato 16s. I felt after Leicester something a bit more substantial was needed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Am I the only one who doesn't use ear plugs?
    @mrkb Mark, do I need do anything for the Alive drum track? I can download it from Youtube. I don't have a laptop, so if it's on my phone and/or a USB stick will that do?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    Alnico said:
    Speak up.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
     Pablo said:
    @mrkb Mark, do I need do anything for the Alive drum track? I can download it from Youtube. I don't have a laptop, so if it's on my phone and/or a USB stick will that do?

Ive got a few versions downloaded and a midi version - I'm trying to add a hihat foot click intro so you know when the drums will come in as the song starts without drums. Im planning to use this one as it has a good live feel, but If you have a version you prefer let me know and I'll download and add the intro click to that one.

And I'll bring a laptop with all the tracks needed on it, and cables for the PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0gbNlmqIps

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Alnico said:
    Half past seven.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Alnico said:
    Half past seven.
    "Alf's daft heaven?"

That doesn't even make sense?
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:
    Half past seven.
    "Alf's daft heaven?"

That doesn't even make sense?
    Nice ham!
    I don't really care what any of you are saying anyway. What I can't lipread I don't need to know. 
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Pablo said:
    aord43 said:
    By the way...Leicester taught me that I need to get some earplugs for the next time.  I am going to order some now.
    Good shout. What are you getting @aord43 ? I used some Boots foam ones last time, but I've just ordered some ACS Pacato 16s. I felt after Leicester something a bit more substantial was needed.
    I got some ACS ER20 after reading many threads on here about them.  We'll see how they do on Sunday. 
    Alnico said:
    Perhaps.  I didn't realise quite how loud it would be in the main room in Leicester.  I stayed out of the room for much of the time for that reason.
    aord43 said:
    Alnico said:
    Perhaps.  I didn't realise quite how loud it would be in the main room in Leicester.  I stayed out of the room for much of the time for that reason.
    I can quite categorically attest to the fact that compared to a lot of bands I've been in, played with and so forth - Leicester was definitely reasonably quiet....
    mrkb said:
     Pablo said:

Ive got a few versions downloaded and a midi version - I'm trying to add a hihat foot click intro so you know when the drums will come in as the song starts without drums. Im planning to use this one as it has a good live feel, but If you have a version you prefer let me know and I'll download and add the intro click to that one.

And I'll bring a laptop with all the tracks needed on it, and cables for the PA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0gbNlmqIps

Thanks for all of that Mark. That's the one I've been practicing to. If you get the click added before Sunday, would it be possible to get a copy in advance please?
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    I'm half deaf and, now, apparently, half blind so sort of,  see no evil, hear no evil........

@mrkb - do bring the PRS along please. we will look after it.
    aord43 said:
    Alnico said:
    I can quite categorically attest to the fact that compared to a lot of bands I've been in, played with and so forth - Leicester was definitely reasonably quiet....
    Well I must be a wimp but it was louder than I expected :)  The difference being you are able to say that, whereas that's the only time I have actually played with anything resembling a band, however superficially!
  • im out :-(
    got to look after the nipper :-(

hope its a good one!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    Is there not a code to get into those doors, Mark? I thought there was...

Regarding noise levels - I agree with @Bridgehouse that Leicester was quietish so can we all agree to keep it like that... no cranking amps to get ‘that sound’.

The Goldtop may not be joining us... the switch is playing up and I may not have a chance to fix it in time. :-( So it’s looking like either the SG or 335 is coming to the party... I will bring the Shergold bass, the HRD and I’m torn between bringing the Line6 M13 for ease of use or the mega-board...

See you therr
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @mrkb - nice guitar!
    @impmann - there will be someone around - “Jon the Studio engineer is in Unit 314 with a sign, Presley Room. Please pop in there and he will open the door for you.”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1