SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Mama (Genesis Tribute) seeks guitarist

What's Hot
Mama is a UK based all era Genesis tribute band. We have been touring a Genesis themed show since 2012 throughout the UK, building from live music venues to small and medium sized theatres and arts centres. We are now looking to recruit a lead guitarist for 2018 with a view to performing twelve to sixteen shows a year.

Mama is well organised and managed. We have a crew that assists in every aspect of our show, ranging from sound, lighting programming, through to marketing, promotion and financials. We are all Genesis fans and this is the reason Mama exists. Mama is very much a passion project, above anything else.

You will need to play guitar to a reasonably high standard. The band perform pieces from every album in the Genesis catalogue which range from eighteen minute prog tracks to three minute pop songs. Guitar duties in Genesis were shared between Steve Hackett, Mike Rutherford and more recently during tours, Daryl Stuermer. This role will therefore require a good grasp of their different styles. Specifically, none of those guitarists were atypical flamboyant rock guitarists. We don't need such a person. Neither will you find classic blues licks within the music of Genesis. The band requires accurate, authentic performances from everyone involved.

Please note, we get a fair number of musicians from all over the UK regularly registering their interest with us even though we are not advertising. These people look at our website videos, see the venues we regularly perform in and assume that we earn a small fortune. We do not. In fact, the average musician would probably earn more money performing in a pub / duo type act. Therefore, if you're looking for a role in a band that makes money, this probably isn't the role for you. That said, we don't believe in "pay-to-play". You will earn some money.

This role would very much suit a great guitarist that loves Genesis music as much as the rest of the band members and wants to get on stage and perform a professional Genesis tribute show. The band pay all expenses for our shows, whether that is fuel, hotels, parking etc. We operate a centrally run financial system, paying individuals at regular intervals but not necessarily per show.

If you feel you have a passion for the music of Genesis and you'd very much like to join us on stage, please contact us through the Mama website. Our process is simple and relaxed. We would like to meet you and maybe run through a few Genesis pieces alongside a multitrack recording or live keyboards. Following that, we would probably want to get you down to a soundcheck at a live show and have a go at a few more pieces. If everyone is still okay at that point, you would be required to learn our current set list before rehearsals commence. We are not a heavily rehearsing band, so we would expect maybe three rehearsals prior to your first show.

You need to be North West based, own your gear, have your own transport and be available for twelve to sixteen shows a year, mostly on Saturdays. There will likely be occasional Friday shows too. We have shows locally, further afield and a couple in Holland booked in. You will also need to fit in on a personal level as Mama is very much a group of friends as much as it is a band. If you're a decent person, passionate about Genesis and have a professional attitude, you'll be fine.

Application closing date: Sunday 1st October 2017
First audition dates: TBC
Second audition date: TBC
2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ah man I wish I was closer. This sounds brilliant. Good luck, hope you find who you're looking for 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One of our previous guitarists came from Suffolk!  :-)
  • There must be some misunderstanding..
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd love to be good enough for this, but I'm not even close. I shall keep an eye on your website to see if you're ever anywhere near me so I can pop by and watch. Good luck, hope you find someone. :)
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.