Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• TTony said:

@TTony ; is it worth sticking this to the top just in case it's passed anyone by? 
    Many people look straight past stickies, assuming that they're "boring admin stuff", but we can try it for a day or two?

Also worth putting a new thread in the Guitars section, just to catch people who don't look anywhere else.
    Cheers Tony, I'll do that.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    mrkb said:
    Right, who wants to jam in the second room? I’m happy to play drums, but we’d at least need to know a few of the same songs to make it work. 

Whats the final number of attendees? Looks like a few drop outs on the other thread, so I assume there will be a few last minute stand ins that want to jam through the songs?
    Definitely up for a bit of jamming. Are you thinking songs from the list or just whatever we can all play along to?
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7009
    tFB Trader
    What time is kick off? I need to book my train ticket.
  • Don't forget we also have an acoustic jam room :)

• What time is kick off? I need to book my train ticket.
    We've got the place from a bit earlier but we'd like most people to aim for shortly before 12, when we'll do a briefing. 

Anyone bringing stuff for backline on the main jam room could usefully be there a smidge earlier to allow us to set up and check recording levels etc

• I had it in my head that it started at 10am. Might get a bit of a lie-in - result! =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had it in my head that it started at 10am. Might get a bit of a lie-in - result! =)
    Need you there at 7:30am sharp. You're the parking attendant as your fingers are now useless for anything else.

I assume you can still point? 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6775
    drwiddly said:
    mrkb said:
    Right, who wants to jam in the second room? I’m happy to play drums, but we’d at least need to know a few of the same songs to make it work. 

Whats the final number of attendees? Looks like a few drop outs on the other thread, so I assume there will be a few last minute stand ins that want to jam through the songs?
    Definitely up for a bit of jamming. Are you thinking songs from the list or just whatever we can all play along to?
    I don’t mind- it just needs some simple song/chord structures (so it doesn’t end up as a 30 minute 12 bar blues in E). The “While my guitar gently weeps” type suggestion is good as long as people can learnt it quickly ( which obviously depends upon people’s ability). A marker pen and some paper might be handy! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    drwiddly said:
    mrkb said:

I don’t mind- it just needs some simple song/chord structures (so it doesn’t end up as a 30 minute 12 bar blues in E). The “While my guitar gently weeps” type suggestion is good as long as people can learnt it quickly ( which obviously depends upon people’s ability). A marker pen and some paper might be handy! 

That's the kinda thing I was thinking. That's a good backing track for people to have a practice too. 
  • *cough* Yellow Ledbetter *cough* 

• Posting it here as well to make sure everyone's got it:

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    @Legionreturns thanks for puttin together the directions - have you got a post code too please for us satnavers?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • BigMonka said:
    @Legionreturns thanks for puttin together the directions - have you got a post code too please for us satnavers?
    Sasquatch Music

Unit 13b, Ground Floor, Oakes Mill West, New Hey Road, Huddersfield HD3 4DD
    01484 767460

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1769
    BigMonka said:
    Sasquatch Music

Unit 13b, Ground Floor, Oakes Mill West, New Hey Road, Huddersfield HD3 4DD
    01484 767460

Great stuff, thanks :-)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Have we got a latest matrix? The last one was a few pages back and I think  a few hands have been put up to cover the empty spots.

Damn, I'm looking forward to this...

• Latest version, which I think should be up to date. I'll do a running order shortly,  just gonna give it a little time for corrections and last minute grabbers of vacant spots! Please check carefully!

PS, still a few singing slots, I've got all songs loaded into Mysetlist and will have a 10" tablet with the lyrics on clipped to the mic stand. That should allow anyone who wants a bash to do so without fretting about words!  

• PS, at the Leicester jam I brought my nice camera and took lots of pics but I suspect I'll be too busy to do the same again. Anyone got a decent camera who fancies doing the job?

• @Legionreturns Chris, can you bump the size up on that matrix please? It's too fuzzy to read the text on the image. 
  • @Legionreturns Chris, can you bump the size up on that matrix please? It's too fuzzy to read the text on the image. 
    Oh damn! Yeah I'll try again

• My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band