Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• I think I put my name down for bass on Purple Rain? Or maybe I just dreamt it! 

I'll happily do it though, as it's dead easy anyway!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    One thing - hassleham has dropped out so we need a victim/volunteer to play lead on Beat It.  
  • One thing - hassleham has dropped out so we need a victim/volunteer to play lead on Beat It.  
    Nuts! Didn't spot that one. Thanks! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • One thing - hassleham has dropped out so we need a victim/volunteer to play lead on Beat It.  

I think 2 days might be a bit short notice for someone to learn that and get their EVH on! Unless someone knows that solo already?
  • I'll try it tonight... Used to play jump.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

One thing - hassleham has dropped out so we need a victim/volunteer to play lead on Beat It.  

I think 2 days might be a bit short notice for someone to learn that and get their EVH on! Unless someone knows that solo already?
    Oh yes indeed.  I think two *years* would be a bit short notice to learn that solo, but that's just me.  Would we accept an approximation?  ;)
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197

Oh yes indeed.  I think two *years* would be a bit short notice to learn that solo, but that's just me.  Would we accept an approximation?  ;)
    I bloody hope so! 

All my playing is vaguely ‘in the spirit’ of the original. 

• I'm doing an approximation of singing on most of the set list...I wouldn't worry about it! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    It's a jam, not a giant tribute band!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Just tried, I can get somewhere near..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Well done that man.

Including spandex, hairspray et al....?

Including spandex, hairspray et al....?
    well it is weekend after all ;-)
    My trading feedback

• Ok, having had a really sore throat for over a week I'm gonna have to pull out of singing. I gave the songs a very gentle go in the car tonight and my throat is now killing, and am worried that a proper try on Saturday will properly kill it!  So - a few more sing slots are available again!! I'll still be there to play some average guitar though :-)
  • @redrighthand ;I think you were doing Purple Rain so I can probably cover that for you. I'm not a lead vocalist but I can hit a note. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6635

I will need a backing vocals/shoutist for Pretty vacant if @redrighthand is unavailable - any takers??

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Ok, having had a really sore throat for over a week I'm gonna have to pull out of singing. I gave the songs a very gentle go in the car tonight and my throat is now killing, and am worried that a proper try on Saturday will properly kill it!  So - a few more sing slots are available again!! I'll still be there to play some average guitar though :-)
    I feel for you man, this weekend is shaping up to be the first in a while where I haven't got some form of dreaded lurgy. Having said that, there's still time....
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    All. I still exist, I’m still alive. 

I may have been quiet, but frankly work is overtaking everything at the mo.

Ignore my silence, I will be there on Saturday. Dishevelled, but there.
  • mrkb said:

I will need a backing vocals/shoutist for Pretty vacant if @redrighthand is unavailable - any takers??

If there’s no other takers, I can try and yell the backing vocal along with the bass duty.
  • Still need bass on 'Alive' if anyone fancies it? Don't think it's too challenging if someone wants to try learn it by Saturday...