Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot
BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
edited December 2017 in Events
After some legendary leg work by @Legionreturns, I'm proud to announce the Fretboard Jam - North Edition!!

It will be on 27th January 2018 at Sasquatch Studios in Huddersfield.

Why there?

Well, we have a special arrangement with Bob, the owner. He's letting us have the whole place for the day. So what will we get?

- A Performance Room for the official Jam song list
- An Acoustic Room (!)
- A Practice Room for prepping, extra Jams and more informal sessions (like the fabled room 4 at Quad at the recent Jam)
- A Social Space (big!) for chat, cork sniffing, gear demos and other great stuff
- Drum Workshop for anyone interested
- Bob will be on site all day and will be recording each performance song - he has also agreed to do recording workshops as he records if you want to learn how to record!
- Free tea and coffee all day
- A pub, fish and chips and pizza all close by

We have secured a drummer for the day already (he's pro level) and I'm putting the house band together as we speak.

The venue is a short distance from the Station, and is very accessible from the M62 so is easy to get to from Manchester, Leeds and most of the North of England. Parking on site, and also on the road outside

Usual setup - it will be £8 a head for all this Jammy goodness - and I'm limiting it to 30 places.

I will be there to run the day, @Legionreturns will be my man on the ground and will assist on the day, @Alnico has agreed to do Guitar point man to help all the guitarists get set up with amps etc. and to do extra guitar work, and of course we have a drummer - which is 4 spaces already gone. 

So - 26 places for northern jam fans who want to come along.

For now, reply in this thread expressing an interest and I'll build up the 30 place list along with a reserve list. Payment arrangements to follow along with logistics and all the other stuff.

I will start the song list in late September so we all get plenty of time to practice. It will be a great chance to try out those xmas pressies and it's after January pay day!!!!

Get in quick!!!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Now just need to persuade @TTony to do some t-shirts with "T'fretboard reet northern jam" on them ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've left the above two posts blank for attendees, and for the song list (when done).

Some background:

- Primarily for fun, the Jam is a chance for newcomers, inexperienced and those who have never played live to have a go in a friendly, relaxed and informal space with experienced musicians.
    - There are no rules, no pressure and no expectations, other than have fun, and don't criticise anyone's playing - this is all about encouragement, a chance to experience playing live, and a chance to meet forumites and play together
    - The performance room will be dedicated to a set running order and more formally run - it worked very well at the Leicester Jam
    - The Practice Room came out of feedback from Leicester - less formal, more ad hoc and more about practice and workshopping/jamming informally
    - The Acoustic Room also came out of feedback from Leicester - a quieter room for Acoustic jamming and Singer/songwriter type stuff
    - You are welcome to come along, bring any gear you want, just sit about and chat, have a go at any songs you want, just jam in the practice room, or indeed whatever you want.

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
  • Meant to add - open to anyone, of course, you don't need to demonstrate northern residence to participate ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6587
    Yes please - I can add in a visit to my in laws in Holmefirth and get extra brownie points!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Check your power cables...they need to be able to run on coal ;) 

It's a great little venue. Totally different to quad though. Hugely popular with local bands and very down to earth, and Bob is ace! 

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Too close to me to pass up. Although also dangerously close to my wife's due date... might be persuaded to bring a few amps and pedals though. :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't be shy now, northern folks - I know you won't want to miss out....!

Plus the fact you get to meet me! Oh..... :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Yep count me in for this :)
  • Jesus, this sounds brilliant.

I can't commit for obvious reasons but will be keeping an eye on it. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6890
    tFB Trader
    Oh go on then, it's an hour by train from me.
  • Oh go on then, it's an hour by train from me.
    Good man!!! :D
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Oh go on then, it's an hour by train from me.
    Good man!!! :D
    +1

Now I really will have to practise!
    We're playing to guitar Royalty.
    ;)
  • I'm in...
    @TTony
    You'll have to forgive me for being vague, I'm not at my best right now.

What was the thing that we used for a slideshow of photos on the tFB stand at the show. Was that just a PC screen?
    I had an idea.

For workshoppy, demo things it's not unthinkable to rig up a go-pro-ish thing focussed on the guitar being played in front of people, outputting to a fairly large-ish screen for them to see a close up of what's going on.
    So for example, if I'm demoing and giving some kind of rough guide to my 7 string, as well as watching me from 10ft away you could look to the side and see it in close up as if you were stood right in front of me.
    Make sense?
    Like YT Video's are often shot, with a full screen and a close-up but just the close-up bit on cam, the full screen is right there in front of you if that makes sense?

If it's a ton of work to put together then ok, leave it but if one has a cam and we have or can find a screen it doesn't seem impossible to rig it up and would make any practical demo of anything better to watch.

Right, back to having a not amazing day.
    Sorry just had to write all that down while it's in my head.
    I'm in...
    About time too.
    :)
    It'll be great to see you man.

@littlegreenman ?
    Fancy this?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27308
    Alnico said:

What was the thing that we used for a slideshow of photos on the tFB stand at the show. Was that just a PC screen?
    I had an idea.

It was a large TV screen, fed from a PC.

If there's a big crowd, then the set-up that you suggest could be a good way of ensuring that everyone can see what's going on.  Not sure that the set-up and getting all the kit there would be worthwhile for the 5-10 people that are likely to be watching a demo session though?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • I'll stick the back seats down and bring a boot full of stuff. I'll bring my PRS DGT, my tele made by @SteveRobinson, and maybe a Michael Messer Resonator if anyone one would like to try one out. I can also bring an ES-8 based board made by @CustomPedalBoards  which could be interesting for people. In terms of amps I have a 2x12 30W Egnater Rebel  and I should also have a DV Mark Micro 50 by that time as well as a lightweight 2x12 cab.
  • I'll stick the back seats down and bring a boot full of stuff. I'll bring my PRS DGT, my tele made by @SteveRobinson, and maybe a Michael Messer Resonator if anyone one would like to try one out. I can also bring an ES-8 based board made by @CustomPedalBoards  which could be interesting for people. In terms of amps I have a 2x12 30W Egnater Rebel  and I should also have a DV Mark Micro 50 by that time as well as a lightweight 2x12 cab.
    What with it being a smaller room, and being recorded by the house mics, I suspect that the main room will be setup in the morning with 2 or 3 dedicated amps so that Bob can get levels etc. That way there's not too much faff in between. 

Bringing amps in and out of the less formal room will be great though, and geeking out on the social area likewise. 

I'll let @Bridgehouse  and @Alnico  make the final decisions on amps / boards in the main set room. I'm sure they'll be after offers If people are happy for theirs to be used for the day. Last weekend mine and @slacker s rather awesome matchless were in use all day.