Attempt at slide guitar on a Beefheart song

jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
edited September 2017 in Making Music
Been learning slide for a few weeks, have lent out my other Tele purposely to force myself play slide on the self built Esquire.
Anyways always loved this track "Sure nuff n yes I do" with Ry Cooder's slide parts.
Its not bad but could be a bit more dynamic I think, any pointers very much welcome.
Funny how as soon as the camera goes on everything tenses up and you start concentrating too much. Aah well, let me know what you lot think, constructive criticism most welcome. And yes I know I should have put the phone on it's side!

"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sounds good to me....which pup did you end up putting in that esquire?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Cheers mate, I got hold of an old Tokai pup that had a rewind to 50's spec by Catswhisker pickups, sounds nice.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    edited September 2017
    Sounds Good. Hopefully going to see the magic band at the philharmonic in Liverpool soon.

What tuning open A?
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12295
    Sounds Good. Hopefully going to see the magic band at the philharmonic in Liverpool soon.

What tuning open A?
    Awesome, would like to see that, I'll give it a google, I thought John French had jacked it in though?
    Thanks for the comment, it's in open E I think Cooder used open A. On the beach video he seems to be using a capo so ?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"