SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Collings OM1 Custom - SOLD

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9515
edited September 2017 in Acoustics £

Regrettable sale, but I've just bought a vintage '72 Thinline Tele.

Bought new from Coda in May 2016, where I spent a day playing EVERYTHING !!! This was the best of the bunch imho. Over £4000 new. Lovely condition with amazing Collings case.

Custom spec, with very rare Tortoiseshell binding. 

Barely used, and only at home. A genuinely beautiful looking and sounding instrument, which has been a delight to own.

My original thread here;

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/74958/ngd-collings-another-day-in-paradise-coda#latest

Looking for around;

£2200.

These really are something special, the build quality is unquestionable but more impressive than that is the tone. It's beautiful to look at & even better to play.

Stunning OM1 with the additional options of sunburst finish, mahogany top, 1 3/4 Nut, Tortoise-style binding to headstock and neck.

The compact body size makes the Collings OM equally easy to handle onstage or when sitting on the couch, and the relatively shallow body (barely over 4 inches deep) results in balanced tone and an immediate response.

Full spec; 

Mahogany Top 

Adirondack Spruce Braces

Mahogany back & sides

Tortoise-style binding

Simple walnut backstrip

Black/white wood nitrate strip rosette

Tortoise-style pickguard

High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish

Ebony fingerboard and bridge

Ebony peghead overlay

Inlaid Collings Logo