Who knows about diezels?

What's Hot
Their range seems to have a lot of overlap, what are the pros / cons of the VH4 versus the herbert for example?
ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sorry i mean a hagen
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

I know a bit. I've production Herbert serial #3.

Here's the link to their official channel:

The Peters explain it all on there. Clive Jevons (sterling chap) did the subtitles in English. Peter Stapfer is a great player, and the tones all sound wonderful.

My one line summary: Hagen and especially Herbert are designed for more aggressive and modern sounds and lower tunings.

• DLM said:

I know a bit. I've production Herbert serial #3.

Here's the link to their official channel:

The Peters explain it all on there. Clive Jevons (sterling chap) did the subtitles in English. Peter Stapfer is a great player, and the tones all sound wonderful.

My one line summary: Hagen and especially Herbert are designed for more aggressive and modern sounds and lower tunings.

The embedded link didnt work, I see a bunch of vids ont heir channel which was the one you linked?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited September 2017
    Oh boy do I know about Diezels!

I have a D-Moll. Our other guitarist has a Hagen.

Both are AMAZING.

The Hagen is basically a slightly revoiced VH4. The D-Moll has the VH4 3rd channel and a nicer clean, so I've read.

The Hagen doesn't have as many loops as the VH4. But wouldn't affect you too much I don't think if you got one.

If you're ever up London way you can try either of them at our practice room with me, given enough notice.
  • Don't think Ill have enough time, when I told my wife that my JVM asploded she said "why dont Lucas and I buy you a new one for your birthday?" which is in 2 weeks.* 

I.m leaning marginally towards the VH4 at the moment but its hard to find non-djenty demos.

*I am aware this is probably the most awesome thing that has ever happened! 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Don't think Ill have enough time, when I told my wife that my JVM asploded she said "why dont Lucas and I buy you a new one for your birthday?" which is in 2 weeks.* 

I.m leaning marginally towards the VH4 at the moment but its hard to find non-djenty demos.

*I am aware this is probably the most awesome thing that has ever happened! 
    Holy shitballs that is awesome.

Well... I've not played a VH4, but I don't think you can go wrong with a VH4, Hagen, or D-Moll to be honest.

I wasn't keen on the Herbert I played. I'd steer clear of that one. Too schooped sounding.
  • I love Diezels - I have a VH4, Herbert and a Schmidt and I had an Einstein 50 watt'er - they all share basically the same DNA soundwise, so my thoughts are:

VH4 - the original and probably the most complex - four channels, clean, mildly dirty, saturatedly dirty and singing lead – effect loops (channel inserts) for each channel and still general effects loops. It’s an all singing and dancing amp, great all-rounder!

Herbert – three channels - clean (as a bell), hot rodded marshall, on the minus switch, to metal godlikeness on the + switch, plus channel three which is full on mayhem, massive bass and all the brutality to beat out the rest of the 150 watt+ amps – looser than VH4 but if you use the front loaded Diezel cabs by far the most impressive IMHO of the Diezel amps, this one likes to be turned up!

Schmidt – class A Diezel magic – nice little amp – again 3 channels (well they call it 2.5) very clean, mild dirty, and filthy – I love it only 30 watts (allegedly) but it sings – very different to everything they have done except the Paul.

Einstein – the most Marshall IMHO – 2 channels, clean and mean - limited by not giving you the option to change the voicing on the channels! Cracking clean + channel of amazing gain – switches to give those both flavours if memory serves you get three option from bad to full on badass, great little amp.

If you are in or near Glasgow you are most welcome to come try out mine and see what you like!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I forgot that I did this video:

D-Moll in action.
  • Love the 1:17 sound, the D-moll does sound ace. Im assuming the hagen and VH4 can get in that territory as well.

Any one know what the difference is between the d moll standard and classic?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • I also briefly considered a helix setup but I think I want something that's not going to be obsolete in X years given that its a gift I dont want something Id ever be tempted to sell on.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    The embedded link didnt work, I see a bunch of vids ont heir channel which was the one you linked?
    Ah, I didn't link a specific video, but their channel page. That doesn't seem to work on here. Basically, if you watch them all, you'll find out what you need to know. I thought they were well-made vids and entertaining. :+1: 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    I know I'm sorted for amps with my Matamp and all that - but by god if I ever see a D-Moll up for sale then I'm seriously thinking about going for it. 
    It does need to be said that the Herbert is heavier than a very heavy thing. One does need to be aware of that.
    Also: http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14 Peter Diezel posts regularly himself! :love:

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
    He was great in Malcolm X but after that went down hill a little
    tae be or not tae be
    Love the 1:17 sound, the D-moll does sound ace. Im assuming the hagen and VH4 can get in that territory as well.

Any one know what the difference is between the d moll standard and classic?
    The two D-Moll models are just differences of aesthetics. The first one I had was the standard, but now I have the classic. The amps are the same though.

Hagen and VH4 almost certainly will do every single tone I've got in that video dude! TBH, if I could have afforded it at the time, I would've gone VH4 or Hagen myself. Just for the extra 4th channel and proper dedicated EQ's.

As it happens, I can very easily live with the 2.5 channels of the D-Moll - basically channel 2 and 3 share an EQ, but have separate gain and volume controls.
  • I currently have an Einstein it does the modded Marshall thing very very well!
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Had a Hagen, Drew's other guitarist has it now. It weighed an incredible amount for a head and indeed it sounded incredible too. So aggressive and had clarity across every string on every channel.

They can do everything and are build to first class standard. 

I would have one again but my preference in the name of variety would be a mini head, a 20w Herbert, or even a single channel mini vh4 for "that" third channel. If they ever did mini heads of course. I would probably also get a matching cab or spend a bit more time choosing as the cab choices did seem to significantly affect the tone. 

Happy shopping!
  • Deijavoo said: but
    Had a Hagen, Drew's other guitarist has it now. It weighed an incredible amount for a head and indeed it sounded incredible too. So aggressive and had clarity across every string on every channel.

They can do everything and are build to first class standard. 

I would have one again but my preference in the name of variety would be a mini head, a 20w Herbert, or even a single channel mini vh4 for "that" third channel. If they ever did mini heads of course. I would probably also get a matching cab or spend a bit more time choosing as the cab choices did seem to significantly affect the tone. 

Happy shopping!

They do a module for the synergy modular system that is based on the vh4
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • They do a module for the synergy modular system that is based on the vh4
    They do, designed by Peter Diezel himself:

http://synergyamps.com/index.php/syn-modules/diezel-vh4-module

I've ordered one yesterday so I'll report back when it arrives - if this sounds close and I can put it in my Egnater MOD50, which weighs about a third of the VH4 or Herbert - that is a winner :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom