Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Withdrawn - Which boutique amp head?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Brilliant amp and seems to fit your needs. http://www.jacksonampworks.com/shop/amplifiers/mcfly/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I wouldn't buy a Morgan. I know that Boutique Amp Distribution virtually run his business now but if you look up Joe Morgan, it's not a good read at all (of course I have no way of validating any of the customer claims made on different forums but still, no smoke without fire).... 

personally if you like your Two Rock then get a head version or as you say the Studio Pro 35. 

My recomendation? A little left field I know but the Friedman Dirty Shirley 40w head. It's less gainy than some of Dave's creations and the different modes make what is a single channel amp very versatile - for instance on the lowest gain setting it stays pretty clean very loud and sounds brilliant with pedals and on the highest gain setting it cleans up brilliantly and then of course just up the guitars volume for that wonderful dirt that IMO you can't get near with pedals. id at least audition one before discounting it because it's from a company known for high gain. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is it just the weight of your crystal that bothers you. If so, why not just look at a head version.

• CastroCastro Frets: 510
    @Adamski I hear what you say about Joe Morgan but there's a Fretboard member selling an RCA35 with cab, so I don't have to worry about Joe's 'apparent' poor customer service. Ironic that his business is now run by BAD ;o)

The TR Studio Pro 35 is high on my list as it does what the Crystal can and more plus each item is half the weight of the Crystal.

I'll check out the Friedman.

@Zoolooter yes I saw the Shawn Tubbs demo a few weeks ago but I can't find a McFly in the UK to try.

@Monkey42 the trouble with the head version of the Crystal is that it's £3k without a cab.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Morgan PR12 head and cab exclusive to Andertons. Easily loud enough for pub gigs and you will be able to get it breathing nicely

• Dualist from RD Amplification. Awesome amp Rob is a great guy to deal with . 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Secondhand Matchless
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1374
    Secondhand Matchless
    Try finding one!
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • Carr Rambler - all round brilliance

Carr Slant 6v head

Matchless Lightning

This one here (not affiliated);

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/107244/bruno-underground-30-head-f-s-price-drop#latest
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16013
    I totally agree with Waz above except about the Lightning which is nice but I really don't get what makes it so revered
    Rambler is magic and Slant is just bigger version of same
    coda have a Slant head and cab at the moment
    but you'll never stop having fun with a Kemper
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    the Bruno is my mate's and I can testify, it's bloody nice and has high, clean headroom and takes pedals really well.

In a room with a Divided, Carr Rambler (his current amp), a Hayseed and a Matchless, the Bruno gave a good account of itself and was on par with these others.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    Said this before,  Dr Z EZG and ZBest 2x12 or any good 2x12 (mine is Dumble style with EV and Emi Red Fang).  Will take any pedal and spit your sound out with huge authority. Wonderful clean tone. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited September 2017
    I'd also take a look at the Supros.Mark Lettieri from Snarky Puppy has some good demos out there and look at the small size of the this thing.

• I’ve a Two Rock Classic Reverb for sale. Stellar amp I’m every way! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 510
    Thanks @hhawkins but this listing goes back to last year in which time I have bought a Morgan AC20 head and cab.

The TR is out of my price range.