Little gems

What's Hot
jakeollyjakeolly Frets: 115
edited September 2017 in Amps
i recently bought a fender 85 deluxe ( cheers Elwood)
cheap as....
 I absolutely love it 
 with all the expensive boutique stuff around that we all lust after, I was just wondering if anyone else had some cheap, undervalued and under appreciated amps that they too used all the time and were delighted with?
My little fender transistor ugly duckling makes me smile every gig and rehearsal and am interested in others, the ones people would never sell. Funny how things we get for a song can please us so much ?
just interested 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    You'll need to move this to Gear>Amps, man. This is the Classified ads section!
  • Whoops. Ta 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    fender superchamp with ragin cajun speaker mod
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    Peavey Special. Not so much a little gem as a small piece of depleted uranium, possibly… :)

At 61lbs it's not actually *that* heavy compared with some valve amps, and at 120W with an extremely efficient speaker it's definitely loud enough to do any gig I'll ever play. It also sounds very good, and is so bombproof I doubt I would ever need a backup.

£60 from a fellow forum member :).

I have to admit I took leave of my senses and nearly sold it a few weeks ago, but the amp I was planning to replace it with promptly died, so I have taken that as a 'sign' and the Peavey won't be going anywhere now. It gets used nearly every day in my workshop.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    Peavey Special. Not so much a little gem as a small piece of depleted uranium, possibly… :)

At 61lbs it's not actually *that* heavy compared with some valve amps, and at 120W with an extremely efficient speaker it's definitely loud enough to do any gig I'll ever play. It also sounds very good, and is so bombproof I doubt I would ever need a backup.

I have to admit I took leave of my senses and nearly sold it a few weeks ago, but the amp I was planning to replace it with promptly died, so I have taken that as a 'sign' and the Peavey won't be going anywhere now. It gets used nearly every day in my workshop.
    Thats my old one right?

I got so lucky rescuing that, £18 it cost me in total, the guy would have just skipped it that day if i hadn't have picked it up!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    timmysoft said:
    ICBM said:

Thats my old one right?

I got so lucky rescuing that, £18 it cost me in total, the guy would have just skipped it that day if i hadn't have picked it up!
    And you sold it to ICBM for £60?
    You're a merciless, grasping capitalist pig.
     ;) 
  • Peavey Bandit Transtube... I had one for about 3 years and loved it. Veratile and durable. I fancy one again now I've thought about it. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    timmysoft said:

Thats my old one right?

I think so, it's been passed around here quite a bit :).

Sassafras said:

;) 
    Hardly. It should probably double with every owner due to the sheer cost of couriering it!

At £60 it was still only 50p a watt anyway :D.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    timmysoft said:

Thats my old one right?

I think so, it's been passed around here quite a bit :).

Sassafras said:

;) 
    Hardly. It should probably double with every owner due to the sheer cost of couriering it!

At £60 it was still only 50p a watt anyway :D.
    That amp is a forum slut.

Great amp though!
  • Peavey JSX. People really over look it and think it's just Satriani in a box but but really is so much more. On the upside, their second hand value makes them a great deal. It's probably my favourite amp I've owned.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    SESSION Rockette 30 and the Fender SCXD - in stereo even bettererer,,,,!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Peavey JSX. People really over look it and think it's just Satriani in a box but but really is so much more. On the upside, their second hand value makes them a great deal. It's probably my favourite amp I've owned.
    Absolutely brilliant amp, the Amber channel is worth it on its own, I do regret selling it, but it was just too much for what I was doing at the time (functions) but would suit perfectly now (loud metal lol) 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.