SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: SLIDERS 59/SRV or 59/57 strat pickups

ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
edited September 2017 in Parts £
Probably a long shot, but worth a try.

Let me know!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bump
  • bump
  • Bump 
  • bump
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3858
    Good luck! I never got to try these on my strat pickup quest, but wanted to.
  • Lebarque said:
    Good luck! I never got to try these on my strat pickup quest, but wanted to.
    Cheers!  Love to hear about what you tried and settled on. If I can't get the Sliders I'll probably opt for the Klien 56 or 59 set. I'm looking for something thats bright and not too middy.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3858
    @Zoolooter ; Oh, blimey. Too many to mention. But I settled on Rocketfire Total 60s.... For now! Big, bold and great with drive. 
  • I think you would be lucky to pick these up second hand but I've played on a set of 59/SRVs in the last week.

Quite simply, they're the best strat pickups I've ever played if you're on the quest for SRV tone. One of the issues I find with some strat pups when trying to sound like SRV is the dirt gets lost on the top E and B strings. With the sliders the dirty remains throughout regardless where you play around the neck.

Tonally, they're amazing. Chimey without sounding bright or harsh. Full and rounded without sounding boomy and muddy. 

Worth every penny IMHO.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited November 2017
    @dougfatheruk ;;

Probably end up ordering a new set. If I go and buy something else I'll always be saying "hmmm, they're good but not like the Sliders!"  Bloody GAS....
  • Bump
    bump

Bump