Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Danelectro Billionaire Pedal Series

What's Hot
jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
edited September 2017 in FX
Does it have a weird name? Yes
Does the pedal enclosure look odd? Yes
Is the marketing slightly odd? Yes

www.billionairetone.com

It must be a new Danelectro pedal series, but with the knobs on the top of the pedal. Interesting to see how similar these sound to some of the food series or if they're new circuits altogether.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    This thing seems a bit daft. Not sure how they justify the 'better tone' claim:

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So basically, they've taken the battery compartment out of the pedals and put them in a separate box. Hmmm.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    So basically, they've taken the battery compartment out of the pedals and put them in a separate box. Hmmm.
    Yes, it's an innovative breakthrough in FX technology.
    I believe it's an offshoot of NASA's space research.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited September 2017
    The BILLION DOLLAR BOOST pedal appears to be clone of the Boss FET pre-amp used by The Edge.

I wonder if the PRIDE OF TEXAS overdrive pedal is an Xotic AC/RC/BB clone.   The description implies a TS arguably, but it has active bass/cut controls.

The tremolo pedal could be a straight Tuna Melt re-house.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I love how mental Danelectro are
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:

Josh Smith has a similar thing on his board. Monster player...
  • longshins said:
    Sassafras said:

Josh Smith has a similar thing on his board. Monster player...
    Bit of a whinger tho. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • The trem is interesting. It has a hard/soft switch rather than the Tuna Melt's pot, and the depth pot has no effect when it's set to hard. There's also an internal trimpot to set a level boost to compensate for the apparent loss of voume when a tremolo is engaged.
  • The trem is interesting. It has a hard/soft switch rather than the Tuna Melt's pot, and the depth pot has no effect when it's set to hard. There's also an internal trimpot to set a level boost to compensate for the apparent loss of voume when a tremolo is engaged.
    This is exactly how both the tuna melt and cool cat trems worked (the hard/soft switch was on a knob) except for the internal pot, though maybe the cool cat had that too??

i hope it's a true bypass tuna melt though. Can't find anything mentioned about bypass though...
  • Sassafras said:

It says 9v but it could be a bit lower - some reckon overdrive and fuzz pedals sound better when they're slightly voltage starved?
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    People moan about Gibson's CEO and corporate direction, but fuck sake I wish someone else bought the Danelectro brand and did something cool with it. Those 90s reissues were actually good. Maybe it was just too soon, before the 'pawn shop' guitar revival and resurgence of garage rock. These trump pedals are cringe-inducing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    They sound OK but look like bathroom scales... The 9v thing is a joke - 9v pp3 cost a bloody fortune to keep replacing...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The names are shite, the website is shite, and the whole pictures of a private jet are shite.

They better sound realllll good, or they have no chance
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Will that Battery Billionaire thing only work off vintage batteries or would it be all right to use new Duracells?
    57Deluxe said:
    They sound OK but look like bathroom scales... The 9v thing is a joke - 9v pp3 cost a bloody fortune to keep replacing...
    That's why it's called Battery Billionaire.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Interesting site and some decent pedals, but why oh why do they have some twat talking all the way through the sound clips? It's voice-over man from 1980s action movie trailers, I'm sure of it.
  • joeyowen said:
    Who honestly was in charge of the marketing of this? And who voted yes?

The names are shite, the website is shite, and the whole pictures of a private jet are shite.

They better sound realllll good, or they have no chance
    Danelectro always seem to make shitty 90s style websites.  

I reckon the the boost will sound good.  
  • Terrible website. The whole thing looks like a task set on the apprentice TV show.

Who owns Danelectro ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    Who owns Danelectro ?
    Stephen Ridinger, who donated $10,000 in support of California Proposition 8, which sought to eliminate the right of same-sex couples to marry. Also a Trump/Republican donor:
    http://www.opensecrets.org/donor-lookup/results?name=Stephen+Ridinger
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rprrpr Frets: 309