SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson Les Paul Tributes (2017 and 2016 P90) Fender FSR Butterscotch Tele (lil '52) (WITHDRAWN)

What's Hot
HandwrittenHeroHandwrittenHero Frets: 851
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
Well, firstly we've all been here...you have some fine fiddles, you try out one that costs a fair whack and you wind up with another one and guilt about playing all of them!

So first up, we have a 2016 Gibson Les Paul Tribute 60's in Honeyburst. I'd taken off the Poker Chip, but it's in front of me as I type, so you can have it popped back on or keep it to one side yourself. There's a scratch on the neck (looks worse than it is with how the light lands on it, it is only a shallow one) and a chip on the headstock as pictured. I slung the gig bag since it was a bit grotty on the outside and it's been living in a Stagg hardcase which it comes with, since it'll provide more protection! - £460 and she's yours now sold

Next up we have a 2017 Gibson Les Paul Tribute in a Vintage Sunburst, which is apparently a colour only for particular retailers. I've owned it from new and if there's a mark on it I can't find it. This does come with the original gig bag, photo of it being tested etc. Only change from complete stock is the pickups are currently Burstbucker Pros. I've still got the 490R and 490T which will go back into her, unless the buyer wants to take both pickups. It's also currently in a Hiscox case, which can be included on the cheap along with the gig bag, since a Les Paul unprotected is a headstock accident waiting to happen - £500 gets her as she was out the shop with the 490R/T, £560 £550 is a bit of a bargain with the Burstbucker Pros (and 490s in a box to come with if you want to go stock in future). £50 more is what I'm willing to let the case come along for the ride for. More photos if wanted.

Lastly, we have a 2016 'FSR' Butterscotch Tele. Made in Mexico, but there's a few differences compared to the standard line, not least of which is the Ash Body, rather than Alder, and the reversed control panel. And the older style logo, which sorry - but it's way nicer than the 70s style one! Basically, picked him up as the choice you make if you want that '52 look but you don't want to cough up the sticker price of the premium American models and you don't fancy the chunky 50s Baja Tele neck. This fella I believe is a modern C, 9.5" radius and medium jumbo frets. He's had a full set up from a trusted guitar tech and plays beautifully...so well in fact it's his fault I wound up with serious Tele GAS and why I'm in this pickle!! There's a chip that hasn't punctured the finish fully as per the pictures and the switch tip is after market official Fender. He comes in a gig bag only and is yours for £400 (now sold)

Each of the guitars is currently pictured with straplocks - I have the original strap pegs which can go back on no fuss. I'm in Sheffield and would prefer not to courier them, although if the buyer wants to organise that then fair enough we can negotiate and find a solution that works for us both (because ultimately neither of us want a guitar turning up damaged!!). I can and am happy to drive a reasonable distance if it comes to delivering myself (i.e. for meet half way along type situations). Not looking for trades currently, probably happy letting 2 of the 3 go, but the missus hasn't put on the thumbscrews or banished me to the sofa yet so no rush. Cheeky offers are welcome, but I would like to think I'm priced pretty fairly.

EDIT: tidied up image coding so they display
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    hi sorry to ask but someone has to what's the weight of the tele ?
  • due to a lack of better tools, I went for the super scientific weigh myself, weigh myself holding the tele subtract for the difference!

Looks like around 8lb is where we are. It's not super light, not super heavy. Feels nice to me hanging around the neck.

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    A person could do far worse than buy these three and pretty much have it all covered. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Couldn't disagree, add a Strat into the mix and it's the holy trinity with P90s for a Brucey bonus. I'm in the nice (or awkward depending how you look at it) position of not *needing* to sell, but the space is handy and despite my best efforts I can only play one guitar (badly) at a time. You do get a hell of a lot of quality in midrange guitars like these nowadays, definitely compared to when I first started playing and the great thing is you can gig any of them without feeling nervous about a battle scar or 2, mod them and make them your own, see what you like etc. At least that's my excuse for accumulating another one every bloody time!
  • Bump
  • Price drop on a couple of them for the minute, just on here for convenience/laziness. Will probably move them onto Gumtree, evilbay etc eventually and price accordingly for fees.
  • Tele is tentatively on hold - hoping it's going with a not insignificant amount of cash towards something special...
    So for raising that cash, make me an offer on the Les Pauls please. Someone who wanted to come demo/collect for cash Friday daytime or Saturday afternoon can twist my arm pretty hard. Up to you guys.
  • Bump
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2017
    I have a 2017 Tribute T gold top and they are truly fantastic guitars 

Despite owning several les Paul's at nearly 3 times the price it has been my go to  les Paul since I got it in April
  • When I tried out the 2017 tribute I did so alongside most of the range...the standards do have binding and a nicer flame maple granted, but unplugged I didn't feel I was missing out or justifying 4 figures more. I actually preferred the satin neck as well, but for some the mileage varies. I didn't personally like the pickups so much, but it was an easy swap out and still have them ready to pop back in or come along as spare. As is it's basically the equivalent to how studios used to be... A Gibson Les Paul that sounds like the standard but with no added frills or bling. Plug into a Marshall and it's 'that' sound. Honest answer is I'm more down the fender vox type of route than I realised and I'm just not playing a pair of great guitars enough when they can go to a better home.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I've got one of them with the p90s, in black. Marvellous guitars!
    Im sure the other two are marvellous, as well!  :)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• And down to 1 guitar left - others sold elsewhere
  • which guitar is still for sale?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's the 2017 tribute still up for sale
  • Just for clarification:

Tele and 2016 Tribute sold elsewhere.

2017 Tribute is unsold, but loaned out to Father in Law, so withdrawn from sale for the moment.