SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

BMW E61 525i SE Touring

HaychHaych Frets: 5628
edited September 2017 in Misc £

Unusual place to sell a car I admit and I hope it's not against the rules - close/delete/detonate/etc if it is.

I'm selling my 2004 (54) BMW E61, it's an absolutely stunning car to drive and I know I'm going to miss it.  Overall condition is very good with only a bit of paint crazing and a couple of scuffs on the front bumper.  6 speed auto box with sport and manual modes.

Finished in silver with black leather and lots of toys.  Oodles of bootspace especially with the seats folded down - perfect for loading up with band gear.

Full service history and had two front tyres with tracking checked last Friday.  Currently on 111K miles but will increase slightly as it's my only car - I commute by train so it's not likely to go up dramatically any time soon.  MoT due December but for the right deal I'll send it in early and will get a new cert for 12 months.

I'm asking £3000 for it or would consider swapping for a series 2 facelift Volvo V70 diesel auto, might be able to add some cash for the right car.

https://i.imgur.com/qeXhChT.jpg

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    Haych said:

Unusual place to sell a car I admit and I hope it's not against the rules ...

The rules require a photo
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • In time honoured tradition... How much does it weigh? ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5628
    Roland said:
    Haych said:

Unusual place to sell a car I admit and I hope it's not against the rules ...

The rules require a photo
    As you wish

In time honoured tradition... How much does it weigh? ;) 
    Oh anywhere between 1.5 and two tonnes. Don't worry, a good Levy's strap and you won't know it's there ;)

• that's a lot of car for £3k

that's a lot of car for £3k
    It really is, it’s the nicest car I’ve ever owned by a long way. Still available folks. Two new tyres on the front and will have a fresh MoT as part of the sale. 

• Is it diesel or petrol? 

Petrol. 

• Thanks - I know diesel is on the way out but looking at economy atm! 

It depends what kind of driving you do. Admittedly it’s not very good round town, mid 20s typically. Motorway, you can sit at 70 and easily get into the late 30s, slow it down a bit and I reckon it’d tickle the early 40s. 

Diesel will do more but when you factor in maintenance costs and repairs I’ll bet there’s not much in it. 

Personally I wouldn’t buy a BMW diesel (swirl flaps, egr and fuel pump are known and big bill problems to fix) and I wouldn’t buy ANY diesel newer than 2005. But that’s just me. 

I do about 7000 - 8000 miles a year, mostly urban, and it probably costs me £20 a month more in fuel than my old diesel did. 

• moominman2moominman2 Frets: 9
    edited September 2017
    I almost bought an 08 plate 320d (for economy), but after talking to my mechanic, said to avoid because of those swirl flaps. Not really an issue if they've been removed/ replaced though. I seem to remember there being turbo issues too?

I went for a Lexus 220d instead. Had it a month...nothing wrong with the car, but it was just dull and I averaged low/ mid 30mpg...didn't seem worth hanging on to a diesel for that.

Sold it and thought sod it...went for a BMW 330ci. Realised that I'd be paying £20-£40 per month extra in fuel, currently averaging 25mpg. Definitely worth the extra per month...smoother, faster and overall more enjoyable to drive. Won't go back to a diesel unless I'm forced to.

But I guess it's all about personal circumstances...I still live with mummy   
    I totally hear you. I’ve heard BMW are having a nightmare with the timing chains failing on the smaller derv engines too. And because the chain is at the rear of the engine they are fighting to not make it a recall issue as it’s an engine out job to fix. 

The only reason I’m selling is because until last month I had a second car I used for towing. I sold that after the season ended and really shouldn’t have. I can’t afford to keep two cars on the road though so if I have to only have one it really needs to be another lazy diesel for towing purposes. 

Everhthjng else you say though is spot on. In terms of smoothness and comfort I’ve never driven anything quite like this, it’s just awesome. Wind it up and it moves well too for a big car.