Where's Will gone?

What's Hot
Perhaps 'The Monkey Lord' and 'The Captain' didn't see the funny side of his last video?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Vid not working.  Who is Will?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Vid not working.  Who is Will?
    Video is not working because William Gelvin of WillsEasyGuitar - a long-standing guitar-related YouTube Channel - seems to have shut down his entire channel. A couple of days ago he posted a video about the dreaded 'tone wood' debate, which opened with a parody of 'Chappers and the Captain' and their video 'proving' that 'tone wood' is real. Hard to avoid wondering whether the two are linked.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    I only managed to watch one of wills videos to completion. It was about wrapping a strat in Paisley fabric. Every other video I saw he went off on a tirade of abuse or had a point to prove.

Im surprised he didn't shut the channel down a while ago tbh. 
  • Yes, I know that he rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way, but at least some of what he posted was worth a watch. He also had a lot of subscribers and got a lot of views, so why shut everything down unless someone is leaning on you?

Apparently, he got so much abuse over his videos on 'tone wood' that he was close to some sort of break down a while ago. Don't know why he seems to take things so seriously - most people believe nonsense of some sort and you just have to accept that is just the way human being are. Trying to change things will just push you into insanity.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Blimey 3Colour!
    Are you going to post threads in every section till we buckle under the sheer force of your argument.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Has Scott Grove ever done a tonewood video?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • One of the suggested searches on Youtube for WillsEasyGuitar is "WillsEasyGuitar flat earth"......
  • This is just another 'Tone Wood' thread really, isn't it?
  • Sassafras said:
    Blimey 3Colour!
    Are you going to post threads in every section till we buckle under the sheer force of your argument.
    This isn't anything to do with the 'tone wood' debate as such, just the impression that some seem to be willing and able to pressure others into removing content from YouTube that they don't like. And this so soon after Henning Pauly deleted that Chapman guitars video. Might be another explanation of course, but one can't help wondering.
  • I meant to ask, what tone wood is under your three colour sunburst?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I meant to ask, what tone wood is under your three colour sunburst?
    Three colour sunburst became standard in 58, so alder. They stopped using ash part way through 56.....

Jeez - a serious answer.

Terry Morgan....
  • Has Scott Grove ever done a tonewood video?
    Surely, sir, you jest. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • One of the suggested searches on Youtube for WillsEasyGuitar is "WillsEasyGuitar flat earth"......
    Which is itself indicative of the level of abuse that was directed at Gelvin from the tone wood faithful, which I understand went as far as death threats.

Anyhow, the real issue here is why he has now shut down his channel. I know that he has said in the past that he might do this because of all the hate that was directed his way, and when he began deleting abusive comments from his videos this just generate more hate for him in other channels. (A rather different response to when Andertons' decided to go all 'SJW' and immediately delete comments and ban anyone who posted 'non-constructive' criticisms on their videos, this been generally hailed as a welcome step toward a kinder, 'safer' on-line world.)

Given his spoof of Rob Chapman and Lee Anderton only a couple of days ago, I can't help thinking that perhaps the deletion of his channel is linked.

By the way, perhaps it is just me, but these days every time I see RC and LA together, I can't help thinking of, respectively, Patrick and Spongebob! =)

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/spongebob/images/7/7b/Sing_a_Song_of_Patrick_63.png/revision/latest?cb=20150330182556

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2936
    edited September 2017
    I doubt Andertons hold any kind of sway with Google to get a channel deleted over a silly spoof video. If they had that kind of clout, this forum wouldn't exist.

Youtube drama peddlers like Will are always going to tread a fine line. This shouldn't be a shock. I'm sure there'll be a Tweet or a blog post soon, he has Patreon donors after all.
  • Thanks for explaining the.backstory, I had no idea about this tone wood stuff.  

He has maybe just taken his channel offline for a bit.  He was making a good couple of thousands a year from it, according to figures.  I'm sure he wouldn't want to loose this income.  
  • Thanks for explaining the.backstory, I had no idea about this tone wood stuff.  

He has maybe just taken his channel offline for a bit.  He was making a good couple of thousands a year from it, according to figures.  I'm sure he wouldn't want to loose this income.  
    Exactly. Something must have pushed him into doing it, and anyone who saw his last video spoofing Patrick and Spongebob, sorry, Chappers and the Captain, just might be tempted to think that the two were connected.

We have done the 'tone wood' thing elsewhere. (To death. ;) )  But given that all his videos have now been removed, you might want to watch the following if you want to know more of the backstory.

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30318
    Police investigating the recent suspicious death of a youtube spoofer are questioning Captain Lee Anderton of the Armed Forces.
    Captain Anderton allegedly went berserk and shot William Gelvin 3 times in the head with his army issue sniper rifle.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DanjiDanji Frets: 225
    Sassafras said:
    Police investigating the recent suspicious death of a youtube spoofer are questioning Captain Lee Anderton of the Armed Forces.
    Captain Anderton allegedly went berserk and shot William Gelvin 3 times in the head with his army issue sniper rifle.
    It cost 600 imperial credits...
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Sassafras said:
    Blimey 3Colour!
    This isn't anything to do with the 'tone wood' debate as such, just the impression that some seem to be willing and able to pressure others into removing content from YouTube that they don't like. And this so soon after Henning Pauly deleted that Chapman guitars video. Might be another explanation of course, but one can't help wondering.
    Do the tiresome two really have the ability to control other Youtube channels output? Maybe they're Illuminati :scream: