SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold FS Creamery Rickenbacker Toaster Mid 63 pickups £110

kramereekrameree Frets: 101
edited October 2017 in Parts £
I have the below pickups available, They were on a Ricky 660 I acquired but it has been put back to stock to sell...£110
http://www.creamery-pickups.co.uk/custom-guitars-handwound-pickups-blog/item/creamery-replacement-rickenbacker-style-pickups.html
Replacement Ric® Rickenbacker® Style Pickups

Mid '63

Creamery Custom Replacement Ric Rickenbacker Mid 63 Pickup

MagnetsTall 1/4" Diameter Individual Alnico 5 Rods
Coil Wire44AWG
Lead Wire2 Way with Separate Ground for Cover & Baseplate
Bridge Output7.5k
Neck Output7.0k

Creamery Custom Ric® Replacement Mid '63 Pickup

The Classic, Bright, Jangly Mid '60s Ric® Single Coil Sound

The classic 60's jangle & chime - Still that bright, jangly, unique sound a little sweeter, a little rounder than the Low '57.

Bright, tight with great clarity and definition I make my Mid '63 Ric® style replacements calibrated with a slightly lower neck pickup output for good volume balance through the positions though do offer them as a more vintage correct set with matching Bridge & Neck outputs.

The thinner 44AWG wire helps give a little more mid-range than the low output would usually dictate and when combined with the tall, strong 1/4" diameter Alnico 5 rod magnets that protrude through the bottom of the pickup, you get that classic, rich, early/mid '60s sound - with slightly rolled back highs, a little more in the mid-range than the Low '57.

Toaster® pickups from the '50s tended to have the lower 4.8k-5.0k output whereas into the '60s, the output was increased a little to around 7.5k - So with this in mind you can choose which version you'd like. The 5.0k Low '57 version will sound that little brighter, a little lower in volume than the Mid '63 so if you're after the late '50s sound then go for the Low '57. If you're after that early/mid '60s sound then go for the medium output Mid '63. Both have that sweet, bright sound, the Medium output version being that little fatter, that little bit rounder.

> Creamery Handwound Replacement Ric®, Rickenbacker® & Toaster® style Pickup

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom