Merseyside guitar show, 27th November, anyone want to go halves on a table to sell some gear?

What's Hot
hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
edited November 2017 in Guitar
Edit: Now sorted thanks to Neckwringer :)

I enquired about hiring a table at Leeds Bradford guitar show recently and it was going to be £55. I decided against it because I had a late gig the night before and £55 seemed a bit much considering I didn't have THAT much I wanted to sell.

Just curious whether anyone would fancy splitting the cost of a table at the next show! If you're keen then let me know and maybe we can work something out.

Cheers

*Update* Tables at the Merseyside show are £65 and you get two exhibitor passes.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2017
    hassleham said:
    Merseyside guitar show, 27th November, anyone want to go halves on a table to sell some gear?
    No.  But I did the same thing years ago at the Manchester show, going halves with Pablo (remember him from Intermusic/Musicradar?) and we did it as an alternative to shifting loads of stuff on evilBay.

I was looking forward to meeting him and chatting about stuff. But the truth was, we were so busy with punters that we hardly said two words to eath other once the show started. If you havne't done it before, my tips are...

- Have a big breakfast before you get there, so you can get away with eating the lunch you brought at your table. Have a big poo before the show opens and don't stand there drinking all day, for obvious reasons.

- Take a flask, cans or water because you'll get a dry mouth from talking a lot in a loud room. And a folding chair, if you've got one. Also a long extension lead if you're plugging anything in, but don't be the noisy table in the room where serial noodlers hang out.

- Have a bum bag, jacket or trousers with lots of pockets so you can put money away, or get change quickly without looking away from what's happening. Nothing got nicked, but it was nice to keep eye contact with people and do business quickly. Take some fivers, tenners and pound coins for change as everone arrives with tenners and twenties from the cash machine.

- Have a roll or sheet of sticky labels or Post-Its and a thick marker to write prices with if you won't be making signs. I reduced some prices near the end of the show, to get rid of stuff. 

I was knackered when it was all over, but I'd driven from London to Manchester and back with my wife's 1.1 Mk3 Fiesta, loaded up (including front and back seats).  It was almost empty on the way back.  Am glad I did it, as she was pregnant and the sale got rid of stuff that was taking up the spare room, which is now my son's room.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited September 2017
    We ended up with a table each, BTW. He had a few guitars and I had pedals, DVDs, books and magazines. And a Brian May Deacy amp that I didn't want to sell, but did anyway.

I reckon after petrol and table fees, I still made more than I would have done on fleaBay and it took about 16 hours, which half of that was driving and the rest was standing still talking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Super advice @Guitar_Slinger, thanks!
  • hasslehamhassleham Frets: 600
    Anyone? :)
    Buuuump. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14181
    tFB Trader
    contact @CasperCaster ; - had a chat with him today  at Crewe Show - he may or may not but has had thoughts about it
    Going on my own at this rate!

Thanks for trying @guitars4you ;

• pm sent........