Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Squirrel.

What's Hot
Or skwerls. 

Was in the front room this morning doing my usual stretches before going out for a ride.. when I heard all mannor of banging n crashing in the back! 

Thought the cat was having a mad half hour, so went to investigate, to find no cat, but a squirrel! 

Right there in the dining room launching himself repeatedly at the patio doors! I guess they can't see glass so well... 

Must have came in 5 minutes earlier when I let the cat out lol! 

Got a couple snaps of the lil fella, I'll post em in a bit. 
Gotta say, in all the years, I've never come across one inside! Better than finding bloody spiders though haha. 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    We used to get them coming in, where I used to work. They can make a right mess, if you're not careful..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    I was sitting in the lounge a few years ago and kept hearing scratching. After finishing my beer, I eventually dragged my arse off the sofa to investigate and found a feckin rabbit behind an ottoman near a wall. I don't know who was more surprised. My missus had a hell of a job catching it :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I get loads of squirrels on my balcony and it's got to the point where a couple of them will take monkey nut shells from my hand. Some are bolder than others.
  • Budgie said:
     My missus had a hell of a job catching it :D
    Did you find it's crock of gold?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2942
    I watched one of our cats eat a squirrel a few weeks ago. Head first, chomp, shoulders, chomp, torso, chomp, skillful maneuver around the gall bladder, chomp...then left. Probably had enough squirrel by that point. Other cat moves in, chomp, backside, chomp, thighs, chomp, knees, chomp. Then got up and walked away with two feet and a bushy tail hanging out of her mouth to sit next to the other cat wondering what the inferior humans were looking at. Chomp.  
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    We had a rat in the garden, so I set a humane trap, ie a cage with bait at one end and a a door that slams shut when the bait is taken. Popped it down set with some peanut butter and within 5 minutes, I'd caught a squirrel. Little critter was running around and turning somersaults extremely fast. I gloved up, carried the cage to the end of the garden (we have woods at the back) and let it go. Went like s**t off a stick. 

The bait was still there so I set the trap again and literally 1 minute later, the stupid thing was locked in the cage again, turning crazy somersaults again....
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Over the last few weeks I have seen red squirrels for the first time, fine little things they are. They are making a comeback in this part of the world, with a little help of Grey culling. 
  • I'm not big into animals but that squirrel licking ice cream is so cute! :lol: 
  • Garden is full of them. Veg patch depleted by the buggers.
  • We had a dead one in the garage, I think a cat had dragged it in through the back door. Bigger than you think when they're laid out.
    blobb said:
    I watched one of our cats eat a squirrel a few weeks ago. Head first, chomp, shoulders, chomp, torso, chomp, skillful maneuver around the gall bladder, chomp...then left. Probably had enough squirrel by that point. Other cat moves in, chomp, backside, chomp, thighs, chomp, knees, chomp. Then got up and walked away with two feet and a bushy tail hanging out of her mouth to sit next to the other cat wondering what the inferior humans were looking at. Chomp.  
    Our old dog found a dead rat on the park and ran around with it, the head sticking out one side of his mouth, the tail the other. He was normally fine at recall and would drop stuff but not this bloody rat - like he'd won a Jack Russell lottery. He ran around for ages, freaking out the odd child until eventually he dropped it and I could grab him. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader

Had a live one in the lounge brought in by a cat, mayhem catching it - winning technique was when behind the sofa, time the vertical jumps and catch him mid-air with a towel. Cute little spud.

Once was a squirrel just sat in the middle of the garden. The two cats sitting near confused, why isn't it running away. So once chases him, they disappear into the bushes doing that cartoon chasing in circles thing. Then cat emerges being chased by squirrel. After that the squirrel did whatever the hell he liked in that garden, the cats left him be..

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Only squirrels I see are the headless ones my cat regularly leaves on the kitchen floor. He's a cute little serial killer. 

I don't understand why he only eats the head though. Surely it must be the most difficult part to eat. 
  • My brother let his dog, Rambo, out in the garden to chase one a while ago, as it ran he realised the squirrel wasn't moving, so the dog just caught it in his mouth and brought it back.  The dog looked a bit disturbed as it came over and the squirrel was hanging by it's teeth from the dogs jowls.  So my brother released it, at which time it clamped it's teeth into my brothers hand.  He managed to get the little fella off, which was covered in dog slaiva and dropped it to the floor.  Rambo then immediately went for it again and it clamped back on his face.    Various cycles of this process when on until the squirrel decided it had enough and shot off, leaving the bleeding dog and human in the garden.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Only squirrels I see are the headless ones my cat regularly leaves on the kitchen floor. He's a cute little serial killer. 

I don't understand why he only eats the head though. Surely it must be the most difficult part to eat. 
    His mate told him he'd enjoy getting head
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4979
    Of course you can eat squirrel meat. Useful to know if you are planning a bit of grey culling...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Just shoot them and let the reds come back.
  • I wont lie, it was tasty with chips. 

I jest. I love animals. Depresses me how many people have cut massive trees down out the back gardens in recent years :( i know they can be a pain though.. 

Used to have a hedghog reside nearby, was gonna build him a lil den but I havent seen him in over a year so I guess he's shuffled off this mortal coil. 

Then again Im one of the few who enjoys seeing foxes around too haha! 
    They've all but destroyed the back end of the lawn with their holes, but it was nice seeing the mum and her little ones playing down there. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    Of course you can eat squirrel meat. Useful to know if you are planning a bit of grey culling...
    There's a chap who sells it on our local farmers market. I guess someone buys it. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.