SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED: 30-50 Watt Valve Head

bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64
edited March 2018 in Amps £

Anything considered. Budget of around £500.

What have you got?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Orange Rocker 30 head @ £400? Collection only from near Gatwick airport. 
  • MtBMtB Frets: 921

What you looking for? Cleans / distortion / Marshall sound / Vox / Fender (Tweed / Blackface) / EL34 / EL84 / etc, etc, etc.

I have a 1970s Sound City 50 Plus that you can have for £500.

• My Ceriatone is advertised on here - a 50 watt Marshall plexi clone style head:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/111907/ceriatone-50w-head-for-sale-500#latest
    Midlands based.

• MtB said:

What you looking for? Cleans / distortion / Marshall sound / Vox / Fender (Tweed / Blackface) / EL34 / EL84 / etc, etc, etc.

I have a 1970s Sound City 50 Plus that you can have for £500.

Gotta lot of love for sound city amps. My 100w version was immense when I used to gig it. Huge sound! Especially with a decent fuzz pedal  :o
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    I have a 50 watt Nolan head for sale in the classifieds. Genuine mid 1970s...

PM if interested.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• I have a Hughes & Kettner Puretone which is 40w @ 8 ohm and 25w @ 16 ohm for £450.
  • bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64
    edited February 2018

Still looking. Something BF Fender style please!

Also, ideally non-PCB and the simpler the better, so no channel switching. I don't mind something that will need some work either.

• Bump

• matt.drink73matt.drink73 Frets: 153
    edited February 2018
    I'm selling a Fender Supersonic 22 head. Not quite 30w but it's a very loud 22w, stupid versatile and built in reverb. Slightly out of your price range but I'm sure we could come to a deal if you're interested
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    If you are interested in a genuine vintage head, I have one for sale.  Details here: https://www.adverts.ie/guitar-amps/1970s-vintage-nolan-studio-session-50-head/14691116

Definitely needs the PSU caps replaced but apart from that, it is as straight forward an amp as you can get.  The proverbial straight wire with gain.

Oh, and I live in ROI but that is not a problem.  Not until Brexit negotiations are complete and signed up to.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum