SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gibson SG Standard Bass 2014 £640.00

JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
edited October 2017 in Basses £
One in, one out, forces sale of this pristine (truly) bass. It originally came with the standard 3 bolt bridge assembly that I upgraded to the Babicz. I don't have the original bridge available at present. The only change from the photos is that I've fitted Fender Witch Hat knobs but the originals are in the case. Prefer pickup but shipping a possibility as I have a strong box the new bass arrived in. Currently strung with LaBella Flats with a set of D'addario Chrome Flats in the case.

Looking for £640.00 inclusive of shipping. Based in Barnstaple. **Sold**
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My local guitar shop has a pre-owned Satin Cherry version of that design with the same Anniversary inlay at the twelfth fret. Interesting reinterpretation of the classic EB-3. Unfortunately, I found the string spacing tight for my liking. Somebody out there will love it.

GLWS
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    My local guitar shop has a pre-owned Satin Cherry version of that design with the same Anniversary inlay at the twelfth fret. Interesting reinterpretation of the classic EB-3. Unfortunately, I found the string spacing tight for my liking. Somebody out there will love it.

GLWS
    Thanks. I assume you're referring to the matt body finish version, as opposed to the high polish nitro. I'm not aware that they were a different spec to the Standard but I wouldn't describe the neck as narrow. Width at nut is 43mm, about average for a 4 string I'd have thought, with a corresponding spacing. But I suppose numbers don't always translate to how something feels in hand.

Full spec of bass here -

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2014/SG-Standard-Bass.aspx

OIRO welcome.
    Price reduction bump to a more realistic 640.00 inclusive of shipping.
    Sold.