RIP Charles Bradley

What's Hot
Sadly, the 'screaming eagle of soul' passed away this weekend.

If you are a fan of retro soul/funk/psychedelic soul etc, no doubt you'll know all about Charles and be a big fan.

He was on daptone records and all his albums were fantastic. He was an electric performer.

If you dont know him and enjoy a good music documentary, i heartily recommend 'soul of america' which follows Charles as he steps up to release his debut album aged 62, and tells his insanely challenging life story.

I'll be rocking his albums today in tribute.

'Aint it a sin' off his last album 'changes' is my favourite riff of the last ten years, and believe it or not the title track is a incredible, horn drenched cover of the black sabbath song.

Rip Charles. A brief career, but a great one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I last spotted him on Luke Cage 

RIP Charles.

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I first heard him on Later with Jools Holland performing "The World (Is going up in flames)" and was blown away. I originally thought he was some forgotten soul star from the 60's having a revival.

@EricTheWeary Such a brilliant scene, the music in Luke Cage was inspired.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    First time I heard of him was from watching this song in a bike shop.  An old work colleague watched the same videos of that concert on YouTube & a few days later bought the album into work for me to check out.

Had the pleasure of seeing him live twice in London. Fantastic singer/songwriter & his 3 albums will always be enjoyed by me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom