SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Gorgeous 1986 Charvel 3b Neck Thru bass + hard case £500

zepromzzepromz Frets: 37
edited October 2017 in Basses £
Charvel 3B neck-thru active bass guitar, 1986 (first year)
I'm going to regret selling this, but I need to pay for the paint job on my new custom build
The first 2 years of Charvel Japan were the best, they were building them to USA specs and quality in the legendary Chu-Shin Gakki plant to show off what they could do and get good reviews in the press to get the sales going. The early ones are pretty much comparable to Jackson USA instruments.

6001xx serial, large tuners, and pickup switch on the bridge side put this at very early 86, its one of the first 140 Charvel thru-necks off the production line. The bass has P/J pickups and active 2 band EQ with centre notched pots.
It is in very good condition for 31 years old, there is some light buckle rash through the clearcoat on the back, a small head chip (as usual for pointies), and a few dings and clearcoat scratches here and there, the worst one is a clearcoat scrape on the top near the neck joint, I have pictured this separately.

It plays and sounds absolutely fantastic, incredibly resonant and throaty, even with the EQ flat!
I am including a period correct 1980s aluminium framed hard case.
I have owned many many Charvels and this is genuinely one of the best 3Bs I have ever had.

I'm asking 500.00
Collection from West London or meet halfway within reasonable distance (motorways M1, M4, M3), I'm not prepared to risk a neck-thru with the couriers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments