Catalinbread Talisman

ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
I've had it for about two years and didn't realise that you can disengage the pre amp, and also dial in gain via internal switches. Even when the pedal is off the pre amp is always on, this bugged me a little bit as it does take away some high end and hisses a bit when your not using the reverb. Now that I've switched it to true bypass (via internal switch) the high end is back and the hiss has gone. It's made a pedal that was already great, now 100% perfect. Just thought I'd share in case the are Talisman users out there that aren't aware of the internal switches.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    I shall be taking a screwdriver to mine at the weekend and poking around in it's insides. Thanks for sharing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3864
    Blimey, I didn't know that either! Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely take a look at mine.
    Ps. What an amazing reverb pedal. Sounds so good recorded. I never thought I could be persuaded away from spring, but this is doing a good job!
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    edited October 2017
    Lebarque said:
    Ps. What an amazing reverb pedal. Sounds so good recorded. I never thought I could be persuaded away from spring, but this is doing a good job!
    I haven't owned a vast amount of reverb pedals, but my search stopped here - its a real peach, all I need. It's brilliant when you find a bit of gear that gives you the exact sound you'd imagined.

I believe when the pedal came out they hadn't written a manual for it, hence no one knowing. Don't know when this was done but its on the website now. 

Also, it's supposed to be even better with an 18v supply - my new supply is on the way!!!

https://catalinbread.com/TalismanManual.pdf

^ Nice one, ta!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    Great info.

I thnk that part of the problem is that the Talisman manual hasnt been available for that long; it has been on the market for some years without the manual...

Great pedal. Still miss mine, and Ill buy one when one appears...