Audio/video Editing Software Options/Help

I’m looking to slicken up my bands’ Facebook content. Up to now we only have bloody awful mobile phone recordings on our page - this must change. 

I have a digital 8 track and a GoPro hero 4+

What (preferably free) software can I use to splice audio and video twogether*?

I’d be quite happy using my recorded audio tracks over a photographic slide show if nothing else, but the ideal is to put the gig video recording in time with the gig audio recording. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

* made up word but I like it in this context
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28117
    Google says Lightworks.

Other options exist.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Thanks @Sporky ;

Flippin Google told me openshot!! 

Hopefully opinions and recommendations of those currently using an open source video editor may prevent me going down the wrong path. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28117
    The answer is probably to download a few and see which one makes sense to you.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    For absolutely free, I've used Avidemux for basic video editing and you can import audio into it. However, I think you would have had to edit the audio separately first to match the video, because really all Avidemux would do is splice them together.

REAPER does video - I've only tried the video editing briefly, and I daresay it's not as feature-rich as a full-blown video editor but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to edit audio & video independently (within REAPER) to get them synced up. It's not free, but the trial lasts 60 days, and iirc when the trial expires all it does is nag you a bit at the beginning of a session. And if you decide to purchase, it's superb value.

• oafoaf Frets: 300
    As suggested already Reaper has some video capabilities and is cheap with generous try before you buy period. Alternatively give Resolve 14 a go (Black Magic/DaVinci) the free version is good. You'll need a reasonable graphics card with a decent amount of RAM for Resolve however. Resolve Studio (the paid for version) is very nice indeed and relatively cheap for what it can do, but you won't need it for something simple.

Lots of tutorials on YouTube for both applications.
  • thanks for all the help and suggestions....due to the inevitable constraints of using a grossly below average and old work PC (and work hours!!) for this activity, and the limited computing power at my fingertips when at my desk - i have downloaded and started trying to learn Shotcut. 

There's a lot of drag 'n drop options and it's quite WYSIWYG  - which has helped me attain some very basic results  already.

There is a slightly strange look about it due to it's origins in Linux coding (then adapted for my windows OS), but, having played with it for just a few hours i think i can make it do something like what i need. 

now all i need is some band type video and stills, and a little audio and away i go. 

roll on rehearsal next week. 

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited November 2017
    HitFilm4 Express is free and bloody good

https://hitfilm.com/express