Stevie Marriott

What's Hot

Didn't realise that Stevie Marriott was such a fookin' nailed on bluesman.

Just thought that he was a pop riffer.   :o
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    Thanks for sharing that, I've watched it 5 times now! Just brilliant. I've listened to Humble Pie quite a bit and love the Small Faces but never seen this. Really shocked...but pleasantly surprised.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9531
    Brilliant guitarist, great singwrter, soulful singer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Small hands and short fingers.......doesn't appear to cause him any problems arou d the fretboard. There's  hope for me yet.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    Yeah, but those dungarees though...bit Rod, Jane & Freddy  B)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Old_SwannerOld_Swanner Frets: 24
    edited October 2017
    This one with Marriott playing sideman sent tingles up my spine when I first saw it ... 30 years later I still think it's great stuff.  I was never much of an Alexis Korner fan but he had his moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9XknSGQSyE

When other sites and teachers leave you frustrated: https://www.taplature.com/ 100% Unique, 100% Effective, 100% Free!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6104
    Marriot was a hard core blues rock guitarist. Incredibly underestimated. He was biting 'Ying' to Frampton's jazzy 'Yang' in Humble Pie.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 257
    edited October 2017
    try & find a live album he did entitled "packet of three", I have a copy somewhere will try & dig it out for some more info, oops just realised where the clip came from, still an excellent album if you can find a copy
  • scalino65scalino65 Frets: 261
    I guess many would have read the biography and the bit where he's so broke he steals carrots from a farmers field...how a man that supremely talented ended up in that position beggars belief. But, there's also a passage where he is off to heathrow to get a flight to germany to supposedly resurrect his career. Halfway there he decides that he'd rather just go home instead.I love that idea! Just tried to do it his own way!
    How he doesnt get recognition more widely for what he was and what he did, just very unfairly overlooked in the scheme of things! Check out his daughter, Mollie, signing Every Little Bit Hurts. She's ace too. 
  • As @equalsql knows I'm very much a fan. He was the complete package imo: stellar voice, great player, looked cool as f*** and could write a great song. It's criminal how he ended up with what happened to him. Paolo Hewitt's "All Too Beautiful" is a great read and even better if read in conjunction with Ian McLagan's "All The Rage". 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Humble Pie - One of the best live acts l ever saw....blew everyone else away with their sheer energy and raw power.......totally underestimated