PSA Soundtoys little plate VST free till 22-NOV

What's Hot

Comments

• Note to self remember to download.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I've been laughing at some of the people on gearslutz - this is variously exactly like a real EMT plate or a totally fake piece of crap. My favourite was, two hours after it was announced someone on a totally unrelated thread very po-faced said that Soundtoy's little plate was the best VST option for short snare reverbs. Like you could get the handle on a tool that quickly. But the people who's opinions I've come to respect say it's good. I'll definitely download it - I tried but their website was pretty hard to access on the day of release.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cirrus said:
    I've been laughing at some of the people on gearslutz - this is variously exactly like a real EMT plate or a totally fake piece of crap. My favourite was, two hours after it was announced someone on a totally unrelated thread very po-faced said that Soundtoy's little plate was the best VST option for short snare reverbs. Like you could get the handle on a tool that quickly. But the people who's opinions I've come to respect say it's good. I'll definitely download it - I tried but their website was pretty hard to access on the day of release.
    It's free. That's enough for me. Can't have too many reverbs :)
  • Bookmarked... Free shit = good

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It says you need iLok?  Can someone explain if this is true as it is free?  
    Yes all soundtoys plugs require Ilok. Not the actual USB stick which is a pain in the nuts, just the program you download and activate software licenses on.
  • iLok really isn't that bad, even if you use the USB stick (though that can wind up being a very valuable stick if you get into buying a lot of software).  But yeah you can just license it to your computer if you want.

Sound Toys make good stuff so I've got high hopes for this regardless of it being free.  Plus they have managed this magical thing where you can have a rack... or individual plugs... wish Slate would do the same.
  • iLok really isn't that bad, even if you use the USB stick (though that can wind up being a very valuable stick if you get into buying a lot of software).  But yeah you can just license it to your computer if you want.

Sound Toys make good stuff so I've got high hopes for this regardless of it being free.  Plus they have managed this magical thing where you can have a rack... or individual plugs... wish Slate would do the same.
    It’s only free for a couple of weeks, then it’ll be the standard $99

As in you can use it for a couple of weeks then you have to pay for it? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

Nope, if you haven’t downloaded by the 22nd you have to pay for it 

No it’ll be free until then for a perpetual licensed it’s the way they usually do this.

Generally they release a mini version for free for early adopters. Then there will be a more full featured plug later. People who get this one will probably get upgrade pricing. People late to the party have to pay for the mini IIRC

I just checked my emails. I’ve already been deposited a license since I own the bundle.
    And the incredible thing is that even if you get it for free, in the future the fact you have the license for it gives you something you can trade in towards either the more expensive version or the full package of all their plugs. That's how it's been in the past, anyway!
  • Cirrus said:
    And the incredible thing is that even if you get it for free, in the future the fact you have the license for it gives you something you can trade in towards either the more expensive version or the full package of all their plugs. That's how it's been in the past, anyway!
    Yep. IIRC I found adding a free license reduced the cost of my bundle a while back. Really like their plugs.
  • Nice company... certainly compared to some!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited November 2017
    Yeah they also charity drives, whereby instead of taking money for the plugs they donate the money to a charity.

They raised $176,000 this September.

http://www.soundtoys.com/storm-relief-2017-results/
  • founder used to work for Eventide too, which makes a lot of sense. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • founder used to work for Eventide too, which makes a lot of sense. 
    Did not know that.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    A neat little plugin for free!
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited November 2017
    founder used to work for Eventide too, which makes a lot of sense. 
    It seem to recall there were a few people who moved over from Eventide when they started Soundtoys.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.