Rexter Guitars - custom painting, restoration & refinishing

What's Hot

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:
    The amount of “nitro” finishes I have stripped which are nothing more than plastic nonsense is incredible.

People genuinely believe they’re getting the real thing because that’s what the spec sheet said. False advertising much?!
    Too right man! Although seems the more recent Fender AV lines were more like the real deal from what I've seen. And the whole Fullerplast thing... 
    Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Received a couple of jealousy-inducing pictures from @rze99 last night which I hope he doesn't mind me pinching and posting.... The Inca Silver body that I just sent him (modelled on a lightly-aged CS Tele).

And the OTM body he also bought back in January. All round great guy to deal with and fantastic taste when it comes to the parts in my book.

Also, I finally shot a couple of clearcoats on this one yesterday:

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    rexter said:

I like that!

By the way, I've sent some people your way for refins, hope that's okay?
  • Oh Lordy! That purple sparkle finish is incredible! 
    tFB Trader
    rexter said:

I like that!

By the way, I've sent some people your way for refins, hope that's okay?
    Cheers Steve, yes can’t wait till do more metalflake jobs! 

More than ok to send people my way, in fact I feel quite honoured! My first ‘proper’ attempt at finishing was probably about 10 years ago using your Sherwood Green!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    The "Beast from the East" craziness wiped out this week for me, no way to get out to my workshop through the snow, perhaps tomorrow if it thaws... Annoying as going to set me behind on things, but got a good picture from another happy customer. This is a TVL Jazzmaster (with replacement swamp ash body) I refinished in vintage correct Charcoal Frost Metallic.

Note it's got more green/blue tones in it like the original Fender colour. A lot of modern recreations of it seem to just think it's a metallic black/grey colour, but it's a much more complex colour. 

Also have this body waiting to ship to Germany when the weather clears up:

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 168
    That is sheer class...
    tFB Trader
    I've been unashamedly focusing on the metallic '60s custom colours I'm obsessed with and have neglected the humble sunburst, so planning to do a lot more in the coming months. Sprayed this one up this afternoon, needs clear coats but I'm fairly pleased how it came out.

My guns give lovely atomisation - no splatter on the fades

This was my inspiration - I'm a big fan of burst with a heavy red layer - as you can see!

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That charcoal frost jazzmaster with the gold anodized pickguard is AMAZING!
    tFB Trader
    Cheers @Del_Preston I just got some more Charcoal Frost made up as it was very popular. Still thinking about the Surfcaster refin? I'll be well placed in April and back in the spray booth everyday after Easter so will be ready to go on that one for you if you're still keen.

Another sunburst - slightly less intense sibling on the left:

This one is actually going to be flatted back with fine abrasives and painted in my classic LPB and then subject to a heavy relic, so will probably lose a lot of the burst!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 168
    Can you please post pix when you do the LPB over SB heavy relic - I'd love to get that kind of thing from you in the future...
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
    And here's how Rexter's Inca Silver looks completed. well done Jon :) Really pleased with it. i can't take my eyes off it or get it out of my hands.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018 tFB Trader
    rze99 said:
    And here's how Rexter's Inca Silver looks completed. well done Jon Really pleased with it. i can't take my eyes off it or get it out of my hands.

Thanks again @rze99 - your build has really sold me on Inca Silver. I was always on the fence about it - just the tiniest bit of ageing really makes it come alive for me. So my personal tele - that I swear i'll build one day - Firemist Gold as planned or Inca SIlver?? You've really made a nice guitar here - looks pretty much just like the custom shop inspiration!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    Today was a good day... finished a 3 month contract at a marketing/graphic design job yesterday – goodbye to seven-day weeks, hello spraybooth – and the long cold winter seems to be on the way out. Got to spray some of my favourite custom colours, including Firemist Silver. This is such an amazing colour, always one of my favourites for a Jazzmaster. This one will be greened out in the coming days, but here it is in virgin state...

And knocked out a beautiful Shoreline Gold Jaguar body for a repeat customer in Germany. Another of my favourite colours

And... an LPB Jaguar body bound for Canada

As you can see from the picture below there is a bit of a theme in the booth at the moment, seems everybody wanted LPB at the start of the year. Not complaining, it's a gorgeous colour!

I have a lot of catching up to do after the start of this year, but I'm getting better results than ever and have big plans. Getting my time back will certainly help.

I haven't been pushing sales of finished bodies due to the busyness of the last few months but will be well set for commissions again at the start of April.

If you would like a finished body - any style, any colour - £100 deposit will secure the job and the total cost starts at £270 for a 2-piece vintage cut alder strat/tele/JM/Jag/Telemaster/Cabronita/whatever body in sunburst/solid or metallic colours. 

If you're interested take a look at my gallery below. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/2o4AH
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stunning work... well done.the hardest part is closing a colour !Ha  ;)
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1215
    tFB Trader
    Finished up this week and available from stock, this Stormshaow XII Custom Shop in Purple- Blue Pearl Flip with matching Head, Swamp Ash Body with Maple Neck & Pau Ferro board, 6000 Fretwire, Schaller Lockmeister Floyd Rose w/R3 Nut, Sperzel Tuners and DiMarzio AT-1 and Air Norton S Pickups..........

£1749.00 Inc Hiscox Case

https://i.imgur.com/tjNS4Cg.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/lEms6T1.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/XBwSvNQ.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/G9OTMGv.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/GWxhmlD.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ratz1Wb.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/zbOOxD5.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/P1YqY1o.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/RHlAiC9.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/UpRhC5Y.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1215
    tFB Trader
    Apologies about the above post. I'd looked on your thread to send you a message about Nitro finishes and thought i'd gone back to my own to post the guitar. 
    I'll send you a PM about finishes :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Apologies about the above post. I'd looked on your thread to send you a message about Nitro finishes and thought i'd gone back to my own to post the guitar. 
    I'll send you a PM about finishes :)
    No problem at all! Sounds great, will drop you a message back later Tonight when I get home. So much buffing to do this afternoon...!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    May as well post a few things I've been up to here...

Top bound Firemist Gold tele. LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour!

A "Brownie" clone (awaiting clearcoats) and a Surf Green refin of a CS Strat (also sans clear at the moment)

And these innocuous looking brown cardboard boxes are containing some beautiful new body styles from a new UK builder I hope to be working with a lot in the future... more details to come in due time!

Incredibly busy period rumbles on, meaning company launch is till way behind, but getting closer at last. End of May/early June (a year later than planned) Rexter Custom Guitars should be truly alive and kicking. LTD company, business banking and all the boring things are sorted, it's now just a case of clearing current jobs, sorting branding and web stuff and getting in new inventory... so plenty to do!

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    AVRI Jazzmaster circa 2000 refinished in proper Lake Placid Blue - matching headstock too, applying the decal tomorrow morning.

www.rexterguitars.co.uk