Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Guitar Show February 24 - 25 2018 - The New Bingley Hall, Birmingham.

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Bit disappointed not to see Fender on the list of exhibitors.  The last few years I've whiled away an hour here and there trying out some of their models and I've even bought two guitars on the back of those demo's (though not at the show itself, but afterwards). 
    Never noticed, shame. Presumably that means no Gretsch too :unamused: 
    Still, you can go into any major guitar shop and try new Fenders whereas there wil be stuff at the show that won’t be true of :star: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JasonJason Frets: 1102
    tFB Trader
    I like to think of it like this, a likely 4000 of their potential customers get to play the competition :)

Its good for all the builders at the show too, you honestly won't notice they aren't there
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    No Fender - but power to you @Jason that you've sold out all the space and probably need more space for the demand
    tFB Trader
    @guitars4you To be honest I’m stuffed with a pretty healthy waiting list. For some reason the show has attracted a significant amount of interest from  European builders. I am definitely not complaining about this, it’s been amazing, every day I’m getting requests for space now. 
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    You'll be needing a second show @Jason - just for the smaller builders
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Hello all, whilst this may not suit all, I will have a live rig rundown with Dan Hawkins of The Darkness (in association with Marshall) on the Saturday of the show. I've had Dan at Music Live (when he was in the Stone Gods) he is a really nice bloke. Simon Bradley will be interviewing on stage. I should, fingers crossed have another name for Sunday.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Jason said:
    Hello all, whilst this may not suit all, I will have a live rig rundown with Dan Hawkins of The Darkness (in association with Marshall) on the Saturday of the show. I've had Dan at Music Live (when he was in the Stone Gods) he is a really nice bloke. Simon Bradley will be interviewing on stage. I should, fingers crossed have another name for Sunday.
    hope it is not @HarrySeven - it will just take far to long to go through his rig
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    @TTony ; - has there been any murmurings of a TFB social - starting at the stand and heading out into the hostelries - perchance? I missed it last year but am thinking about having a quiet word with Mrs McToot and the Toot Juniors to see if I might be allowed off the lead for a weekend...?

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

Not yet @McToot.

Perhaps it needs someone with natural leadership qualities, to whom the forum membership looks for exciting ideas and suggestions, an outgoing, sociable type ...

But failing that, why don't you start a thread and see if you can drum up some interest/support.

:D

(The show is well worth a trip to the West Midlands - they're excellent days!)
    TTony said:
    Not yet @McToot.

Perhaps it needs someone with natural leadership qualities, to whom the forum membership looks for exciting ideas and suggestions, an outgoing, sociable type ...

But failing that, why don't you start a thread and see if you can drum up some interest/support.

(The show is well worth a trip to the West Midlands - they're excellent days!)
    As Meatloaf might have drawled, if he were having a bad day,  "one out of three aint bad". 

First I need to have a chat with the girls.  

Just popping to the florist now. I'll revert soon. 

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    McToot said:
    @TTony ; - has there been any murmurings of a TFB social - starting at the stand and heading out into the hostelries - perchance? I missed it last year but am thinking about having a quiet word with Mrs McToot and the Toot Juniors to see if I might be allowed off the lead for a weekend...?

I would definitely be up for that. I miss @McToot @littlegreenman @FelineGuitars @Handsome_Chris. It was a great night.

In fact @TTony even brought a lady!
    ennspek said:

I would definitely be up for that. I miss @McToot @littlegreenman @FelineGuitars @Handsome_Chris. It was a great night.

Not me @ennspek!

I know no ladies.

(who'd want to spend   their time  in a pub with a bunch of - errr - "guitarists"  ;)  )
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4958
    edited January 2018
    ennspek said:
    McToot said:
    @TTony ;;;; - has there been any murmurings of a TFB social - starting at the stand and heading out into the hostelries - perchance? I missed it last year but am thinking about having a quiet word with Mrs McToot and the Toot Juniors to see if I might be allowed off the lead for a weekend...?

@ennspek pretty sure that was @TheOtherDennis
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    tFB Trader
    ennspek said:

I miss-red that for a moment - I thought you said bought 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mrs McToot has OK'd but I'm still a doubtful. It's the closest weekend to my birthday and I'll be doing the kids out of a celebration (they celebrate me getting older much more than I do).  If the situation changes I'll let you know. 

McToot said:
    and I'll be doing the kids out of a celebration (they celebrate me getting older much more than I do).
    Bring the kids too ... they'd probably enjoy a night out in Brum more than you could 

(and do you ever wonder why they celebrate you getting older?)
  • ennspek said:
    McToot said:
    @TTony ;;;; - has there been any murmurings of a TFB social - starting at the stand and heading out into the hostelries - perchance? I missed it last year but am thinking about having a quiet word with Mrs McToot and the Toot Juniors to see if I might be allowed off the lead for a weekend...?

@ennspek pretty sure that was @TheOtherDennis
    I remember that night . It was ridiculous!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    @Handsome_Chris I miss you Xx
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McToot said:
    Mrs McToot has OK'd but I'm still a doubtful. It's the closest weekend to my birthday and I'll be doing the kids out of a celebration (they celebrate me getting older much more than I do).  If the situation changes I'll let you know. 
    It's my 50th on the Friday and we're having a family celebration on Saturday. I've already told the family that for my birthday "I want to go to the Guitar show". And since it's my birthday, not theirs, I'm going. See you all on the Sunday.